You may well be curious as to the Difference between a Medical Practitioner and a Naturopathic Practitioner
Naturopathic Medicine is the very foundation of supporting the body and each of its parts to function optimally both individually and in unison without causing “HARM”.
The Key Foundation for Naturopathic Medicine Treatments are:
#Firstly – That treatments or medicine are based on the model so as “To Cause No Harm” and #Secondly to Provide the tools with Medicines and Treatments that assist the body to heal.
The Key Benefits to using herbal, homoeopathic and nutrition, teaching the fundamentals of the importance of the food you eat and this being your best medicine for treatment and prevention of disease.
Julie Specializes in formulating individual herbal and homoeopathic formulas. Incorporating this with implementing changes to diet and lifestyle habits.
Food to Become your Best Friend for Health & Vitality
- I teach you how to apply healthy lifestyle changes and food choices that will support your body’s own natural healing and health restoration.
- It is all about working together as a team to obtain the best results possible for your health and lifestyle.
- Why I became a Naturopath and love most about Naturopathic Medicine is provides medicines and methods to assist people in becoming well. Also giving each person the ability to take control over both their life and their health.
- Naturopathic medicine implements all aspects of Living a Vital Life: Improving your Life Force, the Very Essence of who you are!!!
- Using Medicine from the grass roots of nature with no chemical interference is the foundation to “Becoming well”, it has stood the test of time for millions of years. It is evidence based medicine.
How Naturopathic Medicine Difference differs from the Mainstream Health Care Model!
Your Visit is Quite Different with a Naturopathic Doctor to that of to that of your Local GP or Medical Clinic
How these Models of Healthcare are different
Medical practitioners will focus upon what is known as reactive healthcare: utilizing general pharmaceutical prescriptions whereby you purchase from your local pharmacy or they will refer you to a Specialist for further tests or examinations and if necessary surgery.
- The Role that this type of “Reactive Healthcare” plays a vitally important when it comes to life threatening or severe physical injuries, accidents or if poisoning has occurred. We definitely need this type of care available to each and every one of us.
- The role or function that Reactive healthcare doesn’t facilitate or support with any great efficacy is acute sickness or ill health or chronic disease in assisting with the physical body returning to a healthy state or an optimal state of homeostasis. In biology, the term homeostasis refers to the ability of the body to maintain a stable internal environment despite changes in external conditions.
A Naturopathic Practitioner’s focus is on not about short term health care. But long term taking into consideration every aspect of each person and their lifestyle so as to achieve Restoration of Health and Optimal functioning of your body. Naturopaths are trained as primary care physicians, having been taught the understanding of the patterns of imbalance that occurs within the body when becoming ill.
What a Naturopathic Practitioner studies: Anatomy and Physiology, Biomedical science, Pathology, Physical assessment & symptomology, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy (pharmacognosy as “the study of the physical, chemical, biochemical and biological properties of drugs, drug substances or potential drugs or drug substances of natural origin as well as the search for new drugs from natural sources”), Phytotherapy = the use of plant-derived medications in the treatment and prevention of disease. Naturopathic diagnosis from the body signs and symptoms, using in depth questioning of their client, iridology, nail and tongue these can give indications of physical health deficiancies. Communication is a major component of Naturopathic studies as this gives the practitioner a strong indication of how to best support their client with individual treatments and support to not only become well but to continue with their healthy lifestyle habits.
Naturopaths are trained in the manufacturing, prescribing and dispensing of herbal and homeopathic medicines, nutrition both dietary and supplementation, counselling and support with making positive lifestyle changes, otherwise known as health and lifestyle coaching.
Julie worked in a busy clinic for over 27 years and recently has moved from the clinic to provide a wider demographic of people with the ability to have Online Consultations in order to have improved access to accurate support and natural medicines that will assist in building optimal health, overcoming ill-health and disease, that is non-complicated and affordable. It is important that you provide Julie with as much information as possible about previous health conditions, life experiences and background in order to help develop a format for you to follow that will best support you.
I know the most common question asked is – “Does a Naturopathic Practitioner treat common ailments such as cold and flu, recurrent infections and general feeling unwell?”
Yes, as a Naturopathic Practitioner over my 27 years I have treated acute conditions such as cold and flu, right through to chronic and serious conditions such as Cancer, Hypertension, Skin conditions. Naturopathic Practitioners are trained to support the body to recover from all forms of ill-health and disease. A major component relies on how much damage has occurred prior treatment to a particular organ or tissue. In other words if you have been destructive with implementing damaging habits such as smoking, taking of drugs (this also includes prescribed pharmaceutical medications/drugs that do cause harm), excessive alcohol drinking or poor eating habits, then the earlier to put changes into place to eliminate these habits the better your chance of regaining your health.
Always to remember when you are treated by a Naturopathic practitioner the main focus will not be on your area of ill-health but what the underlying cause is, such as stress, food, environment, emotional trauma and so forth. Bringing balance to living in the 21st Century.
Ask Julie a Question: mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book an online consult – Click Here!