Trouble Sleeping: Have you Tried Banana Tea?
Sleep like a Baby: 2 Amazing Health Benefits!
Do you have Trouble Sleeping and don’t want to take Sleeping tablets. Have you Tried Banana Tea. This is a great drink to have just before bed, Amazing health benefits that will help you in “Getting a Good Night’s Sleep”.
No different than anyone else I have, had times where I have had difficulty sleeping, this is a recipe I came across that was easy and simple as well as a yummy drink to have before bed. I sleep like a baby after having this tea. Enjoy this yummy tea together with a guide as to what will help you to sleep better and what will cause sleep disturbances.
2 Main Health Benefits this Yummy Tea!
Potassium and magnesium are natural muscle relaxants, and bananas are a good source of both. They also contain the amino acid L-tryptophan, which gets converted to 5-HTP in the brain. The 5-HTP in turn is converted to serotonin (a relaxing neurotransmitter) and melatonin. Restless nights happen to all of us from time to time.
It has been found that the more that you worry about not being able to sleep, the more your mind will race. Then before you know it the sun is peaking through the window and it is morning. You are going to say that you have spent more nights this way than you care to.
What Disturbs Sleeping Patterns?
Sleeping patterns can be disturbed turning into quite serious insomnia. Some of these occurrences can be depression, stress, anxiety, heavy workload, food, drink and may be a movie or book you have been reading. Various medications even prescribed sleep medication can be the cause of serious insomnia. Medications for pain, antihistamines, antidepressants, heart and blood pressure medications are the most common for loss of sleep. So no matter what the cause of your sleeping problems, changes need to be put into place so that you can get back to having a good nights sleep, in order to function effectively.
Let’s begin with is a cup of Banana Tea before bed:
Using food as your medicine is one of the best and easiest ways to help gain Optimal Health and for that we need a good nights sleep.
Bananas, especially the peel are high in the essential minerals of potassium and magnesium. Magnesium is well known for helping to prevent sleep problems. Both the magnesium and potassium work together to relax your muscles. Magnesium is one of the best minerals to support relaxation and also to prevent muscle pain. If you plan to use the peel it is important to use organic bananas as if they are not organic, then the peel will be loaded with pesticides.
This tea takes less than 10 minutes to prepare, you can Enjoy it each night say 1/2 – 1 hours before bedtime.
What you need:
1 organic banana
1 small pot of water
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
What to Do:
Cut off both ends of the banana, place it peel and all into boiling water. You can do this in a saucepan. Boil for 10 minutes.
Using a strainer, pour the water into a mug, then sprinkle cinnamon on top. Drink 1/2 – 1 hour before bedtime.
If you do not want to waste the banana, you can sprinkle some cinnamon over it, eating warm banana is delicious peal and all. This will increase the soothing effects, plus having a yummy dessert.
What Else You Can Do to Sleep Better
- Drinking a glass of warm whole milk before bed will help you to sleep better – it’s not just an old wives’ tale. Whole milk is rich in the amino acid tryptophan, which helps in the production of the sleep inducing brain chemicals, serotonin and melatonin.
- Enjoying a carbohydrate snack: A few rice cakes with grated apple, bowl of porridge, an hour or so before going to bed stimulates the release of insulin. This helps to clear amino acids that compete with tryptophan from the bloodstream, allowing more of this sleep-inducing amino acid to enter the brain.
- Herbal teas: such as chamomile, passion flower tea and valerian, have a calming and sedative effect.
- Other Foods that can assist with sleep: include yogurt, ,cherries, bananas, poultry, eggs, peanuts and tuna as they all contain good amounts of tryptophan.
- Have a Bedtime Routine: perhaps having a warm bath, some gentle yoga or reading a book rather than watching TV. Go to bed around the same time every night or if you are a shift worker make it the same time of the day each day of that particular shift. Get up after you have been in bed for 8 hours, no matter whether you have slept or not.
- Vegetable juice smoothie: including spinach, apple, cinnamon and kale. Adding 2 tablespoons of yogurt is helpful for your calcium intake. This helps especially if you are suffering from restless legs or cramps.
- Have your Bedroom a Relaxing Place to be: you may well enjoy some relaxing music to head off to sleep with. Have your room dark, especially important if you are a shift worker sleeping during the day. When the room is dark, your brain secretes more melatonin, this will help you to have a better nights or days sleep.
- Lavender Oil: A dab of lavender oil on your pillow is a great way to fall off to sleep.
Avoiding These Things to Get a Better Night’s Sleep
- Caffeine: Stay away from coffee especially after 3 pm during the day or at least 8 hours before going to bed . Some over-the-counter cold and headache remedies are also high in caffeine.
- Avoid Heavy meals before bed: If you have a heavy meal that is high in animal protein, especially red meat. This will interfere with your sleep as your body is busy digesting. You may also find that you will suffer from indigestion. If possible have your main meal at least 3 hours before going to bed. If you are hungry before bed go for one of the snacks mentioned above.
- Avoid watching anything scary or stressful on TV.
- Come off your Computer or any social media activity 1 – 2 hours prior to bedtime.
- Avoid Highly Refined, Starchy or Fatty Foods: It is a good idea to avoid these foods also known as processed foods altogether as they are responsible for making you feel lethargic and place high demands on your digestive system, whilst also affecting brain function.
- Alcohol disrupts the body’s natural sleep rhythms: by decreasing the REM sleep, this is the period of sleep during which dreaming takes place. It is characterized by rapid periodic twitching movements of your eye muscles. Other physiological changes take place, such as accelerated respiration and heart rate. Increased brain activity accompanied by muscle relaxation. REM sleep, is the fifth and last stage of sleep that occurs in your sleep cycle. It is preceded by four stage of non-REM sleep, this is also known as paradoxical sleep.
- Last but not least Nicotine: You may well believe with all honesty that smoking relaxes you. This is a myth, nicotine is a stimulant, so if you are a smoker you will take longer to fall asleep, whilst suffering from more sleep problems.
So Why Not Sleeping Pills?
Many people have opted for sleeping pills, however these only provide a short term fix and in the long run will create more problems than just insomnia. They will also increase the problems with your insomnia. The main problem that clients who have come to visit me for a safer alternative has been because of the way it effects how they function during the day. They found a detrimental effect to their brain function as well as feeling an increase with anxiety and panic attack symptoms.
Most of the sleeping pills are a specific type of drug to induce and maintain sleep. These are classified as sedative hypnotics. Among other sedative hypnotic drugs are benzodiazepines and barbiturates. Benzodiazepines—like Xanax and Valium—these have been found to be addictive. Being used to treat anxiety disorders by increasing drowsiness. Barbiturates depress the central nervous system are used as anaesthetics and sedatives.
All Prescribed Medications are known as drugs and they produce side effects.
Common Side Effects of Sleeping Medication are these:
- Difficulty focusing and remembering
- Stomach pain
- Uncontrollable shaking
- Addiction to the medication
- Drowsiness throughout the day
- Difficulty thinking, concentrating and focus
- Parasomnias (Doing things without realizing it: Really Scary!)
Sleeping pills are known to interfere with your breathing rhythm, slowing it down this in turn has been linked to sleep apnoea problems. Also if you are suffering from lung diseases like COPD, asthma, emphysema. These medications are not only dangerous but even fatal.
In our Free Community Membership Learn more Keys – How to Get a Better Night’s Sleep
ADDITIONAL STEPS TO BUILD THE LIFE YOU WANT
No matter where you are on your journey to improving your health or becoming well. If you are wanting to Learn the Keys to Master a Life of Health, Happiness and Vitality, a Roadmap that you can follow, to give you the necessary guidance and support to Build a Strong Foundation, Guiding you through making the necessary changes in order to finally learn the elements of taking charge of your Health and in turn your Life., you have come to the “Right Place”.
Three Membership Options Available for You –
1: Community Membership – Stepping your foot into the ocean of learning about your body and your health.
2: Founding Membership – You want to know more? This takes you to the next level of learning more -Serious Insights into Unlocking the Keys necessary: To Master a Life of Optimal Health, Happiness & Vitality.
3: Transformational Membership – is the “All Access Pass” As soon as you activate your membership, the whole site and all benefits unlock immediately. It is the “Transformational Building Block” necessary for making positive changes to every aspect of your life. Giving you the guidance and support to achieve the life you want, your dreams and inspirations. It also is about making health a natural part of your daily living. Not to be a chore or a challenge but to become a “Natural” way of Living.