Tomato: Garlic & Basil Sauce with a Difference
Enjoy these 3 Amazing Health Benefits!
This is a Delicious and Highly Nutritious Tomato and Basil Sauce with a Difference. Enjoy the Definite Distinct Differences in Taste, Aroma and Nutrition by making your Own Pasta Sauce, Not only taste better but is Better for YOU! Learn about the amazing health benefits of tomato and basil together with this Yummy, sauce recipe.
Three Amazing Health Benefits of
Tomatoes: Garlic & Basil
1: Tomatoes: Fresh is always best and home cooking is always better than a processed product. With tomatoes, fresh in a salad is good for your health, however, the cooking of them releases even more of health benefits. Tomatoes don’t lose any of their nutritional value in the high heat processing.
- When purchasing tomatoes, nutritionally it is better if they are fresh. However, there are more benefits to your health when they are cooked. If you are going to purchase tomato sauce, it is important to purchase Organic, as they will have a higher dose of lycopene (a powerful antioxidant) than that of non-organic produce. Always purchase in glass, as no chemicals are leached through, into the product, as happens when processed in a can. Fresh is always Best though. It’s pretty much the only fruit that is better for you when it’s cooked. I love Italian food, so this is great news.
2: Basil – Basil is considered an excellent source of vitamin K and manganese, a very good source of copper and vitamin C, and a good source of calcium, iron, folate and omega-3 fatty acids. You don’t cook basil you stir it through after you have taken your soup off of the heat. Then top soup with a sprig of Basil for decoration.
3: Garlic – is yummy and the cloves can be roasted with your favourite vegetables in their skins where they will just melt in your mouth. Garlic is something that is a must to add to your diet, the health benefits are definitely worth it.
- The health benefits include – Boost your immunity, helping to keep away colds, flu and other viruses. It works as an anti-inflammatory, helping with sore and aching muscles. It has great health benefits for your heart and cardiovascular system. The health benefits are found by either eating cooked or raw garlic, not with supplements. With raw garlic to prevent garlic breath you can either cut a clove into small pieces that you can swallow, then swallow as you would a tablet. If you are eating raw garlic in a salad add an apple cut into slices to your salad.
Enjoy this Easy to Follow Recipe
Tomato: Garlic & Basil Sauce
This is a Great sauce to add to a meat dish or pasta dish.
Great to use as a topping for Bruschetta, Steak or your Favourite Pasta dish
What you need:
1 350 grams approximately Jar of Organic Crushed Tomatoes (please only buy in a jar not a tin, as there is no contamination problems)
1 tablespoon of Organic Tomato paste
1 large onion diced
4 – 5 cloves of chopped garlic
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon of ground pepper
1 bunch of fresh basil roughly chopped
For variety you can add 2 tablespoons of chopped pitted olives and 1 tablespoon of anchovies and you have Puttanesco. You can also add chicken, muscles, prawns or calamari (even a mix of your seafood e.g. Seafood Marinara. This is a great way of adding seafood to your diet
If you are adding this to pasta, then have your Pasta Cooking whilst you are preparing the sauce. Either use gluten free or wholemeal pasta.
What to do:
- In a large saucepan put in olive oil allow to heat under a medium heat.
- Add diced onion and garlic. (If you are using olives and anchovies, you can also include these- Stir for 5 – 10 minutes until golden
- Add jar of crushed tomatoes and tomato paste, stir through.
- Bring to boil, then lower heat to simmer for 5 – 10 minutes allowing the flavours to work through.
- Turn off heat and add Basil.
Other uses for this Delicious Pasta Sauce
- As a Dipping sauce for appetisers such as prawns, oysters, arancini balls and vegetables.
- Pizza: the base sauce for your pizza then add your toppings of choice. An example of a yummy topping is diced pan seared chicken, baked pumpkin, fresh spinach and basil. Add spinach and basil to the top of the pizza after it is cooked.
- Stir through to add flavour to any baked vegetables
Food is your Best Line of Defence to obtain, maintain & overcome Ill-health and Disease
We have “Hippocrates” to thank for the saying.
“Let Food be thy Medicine & Medicine be thy Food”
Considered to be one of the most influential figures in the history of medicine and healing, Hippocrates was ahead of his time when, around the year 400 B.C, he advised people to prevent and treat diseases first and foremost by eating a nutrient-dense diet based on Fresh, Whole foods.
The foods that you eat each day play a critical role in controlling inflammation levels, balancing blood sugar, regulating cardiovascular health (including blood pressure and cholesterol levels), helping the digestive organs to process and eliminate waste, and much, much more. Did you know that certain anti-inflammatory foods even contain powerful active ingredients that help control how your genes are expressed?
Because foods influence inflammation levels, blood sugar, energy, hormones, brain, and heart health, they truly do act like medicine once consumed. A healthy diet plays a role in how genes are expressed and can have a positive effect toward preventing disease, even when a disease may appear to be hereditary.
Medicinal foods to include in your daily diet, include all fresh vegetables and fruits, organ meats, grass-fed meats, healthy fats like coconut, nuts and seeds, sea vegetables and what are now being classed as superfoods like cocoa, papaya, spinach, kale, blueberries, broccoli, cooked tomatoes, oats, blackberries, garlic, brazil nuts, walnuts and black pepper.
Further Recipes & Healthy Eating can be found in my eBook: Eating to Live!
Food can either be your Best Friend for Health and Healing or your Worst Enemy.
In this eBook, you will learn the Specific Foods that will nourish, heal and protect your health.
Master a Life of Optimal Health: Happiness & Vitality
Professional Evidence -Based Knowledge
Receive Weekly Insights & Guidance
To Live your Best Life
Don’t Miss the Next Issue!
I invite you to subscribe to my Free Weekly Newsletter that my clients, subscribers and members have been looking forward to each week for over 20 years.
What People say – “Thank you, Julie I find your Newsletter gives me inspiration to stay on the path”. “Julie, I don’t know how you knew I needed this information”.
I design my Newsletters to share insights, guidance and strategies that will help with every day and serious health issues, that people have presented me with over the years, seeking advice and what they can do.