9 Ways Bioflavonoids Benefit a Healthy Heart
Fresh, Wholesome Food is the Best Medicine for a Healthy Heart
What are Bioflavonoids?
Bioflavonoids are a Group of Compounds occurring mainly in Citrus fruits, Certain Vegetables and Berries.
Bioflavonoids assist with enhancing the action of vitamin C in order to support healthy blood circulation.
These Groups of compounds effectively work as antioxidants. Their benefits being to treat allergies, viruses, or arthritis and other inflammatory conditions. The antioxidant effects. increase intracellular Vitamin C, rutin and hesperidin. These beneficial effects improve capillary permeability and blood flow like PCOs. anti-allergy and anti-inflammatory effects like quercetin.
Flavonoids (or bioflavonoids; from the Latin word flavus, meaning yellow, their color in nature)
Today there is an increasing risk of cardiovascular disease along with increased cholesterol leading to arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). Facts, statistics and logic are showing you that this is due to diet increased fat, salt and chemical intake in your diet.
There is a direct link between a diet high in processed foods and heart disease. It is great that we have a wide selection of food available to us, however it is vitally important that we screen the foods we eat very carefully as even many of the so called healthy choices are loaded with salt and saturated fat.
You may well think that changing your diet has to be complicated, however in changing your diet with a few simple changes to make all the difference to you not becoming a victim of a heart attack, Alzheimer’s, dementia, liver disease, kidney disease, cancer and diabetes.
By introducing foods rich in Bioflavonoids and eliminating fast and processed foods you chances of avoiding these debilitating diseases will be eliminated.
Foods Rich in Bioflavonoids
Fresh fruits and vegetables are generally the top choices for getting plenty of bioflavonoids in a diet. Here are some of the most popular ways to get the most of these helpful nutritional elements.
- Red Bell Peppers or Sweet Peppers – Red peppers contain three times more vitamin C than orange juice, according to some medical sources. Scientists agree that raw bell peppers are an effective way to get bioflavonoids into the system.
- Strawberries – These luscious red berries are a great source of bioflavonoids. Other berry types are similarly rich in these kinds of antioxidants. This leads to specific claims of health benefits for berry-made wines and derivative foods.
- Citrus Fruits – Oranges are a significant source of bioflavonoids. Lemons and limes, as well as peaches, nectarines and other fruits all contain vitamin C and bioflavonoid super oxidants.
- Broccoli – This green vegetable has a lot of vitamin C, as well as some other essential vitamins for a healthy diet. As with other foods, use broccoli raw for best results.
- Brussels Sprouts – For a hearty meal, include these cabbage type sprouts. Rich in antioxidants, they are also packed with their own unique taste for a delicious way to get bioflavonoids and vitamins.
- Tropical Fruits – Exotic fruits, like mangoes and papayas, have a lot of bioflavonoids and other nutritional elements packed under their skins. These are becoming more accessible at supermarkets everywhere. Don’t miss out on what they have to offer.
- Garlic – By most accounts, garlic is a superfood. Our food culture has long been aware of its anti-inflammatory properties, but now scientists are counting it as among the natural foods rich in bioflavonoids, and therefore able to deliver the antioxidant values we associate with “healing foods.”
- Spinach – Popeye wasn’t kidding: this stuff has all of the qualities you would associate with a green vegetable rich in antioxidants. Spinach is a good all-purpose nutrient – try it in place of lettuce for a salad that’s bursting with nutrition.
- Teas – Green tea and other teas are known to have a lot of powerful chemical elements that contribute to longevity and good health. Lots of health minded caffeine drinkers are switching from coffee to tea to get the effects of essential vitamins in their morning drinks.
A great way apart from having my daily serve of broccoli and capsicum that I include my bioflavonoids is in the morning in my smoothie. First thing I have a lemon squeezed in warm water, the rind of the lemon is high in bioflavonoids the peel this and add to my smoothie along with frozen mixed berries, Paris creek yoghurt and any other fruit you may like then add a half a glass of almond milk.
Bioflavonoids not only help to keep your heart healthy and strong, they also assist your body with detoxification, healthy digestion and immune support.
Read Next: Are you at Risk of a Heart Attack – Learn about the Risk Factors & 8 Simple Steps to a Healthy Heart
Learn the Foods to Eat & Why for Optimal Health Purchase & Download my eBook: Eating to Live
ADDITIONAL STEPS TO BUILD THE LIFE YOU WANT
No matter where you are on your journey to improving your health or becoming well. If you are wanting to Learn the Keys to Master a Life of Health, Happiness and Vitality, a Roadmap that you can follow, to give you the necessary guidance and support to Build a Strong Foundation, Guiding you through making the necessary changes in order to finally learn the elements of taking charge of your Health and in turn your Life., you have come to the “Right Place”.
Three Membership Options Available for You –
1: Community Membership – Stepping your foot into the ocean of learning about your body and your health.
2: Founding Membership – You want to know more? This takes you to the next level of learning more -Serious Insights into Unlocking the Keys necessary: To Master a Life of Optimal Health, Happiness & Vitality.
3: Transformational Membership – is the “All Access Pass” As soon as you activate your membership, the whole site and all benefits unlock immediately. It is the “Transformational Building Block” necessary for making positive changes to every aspect of your life. Giving you the guidance and support to achieve the life you want, your dreams and inspirations. It also is about making health a natural part of your daily living. Not to be a chore or a challenge but to become a “Natural” way of Living.