One of the first and most important steps to building the life you want, with the people you want to be with and how you want to be. Begins with learning about these three core essences of you. That is to Build on your Self-Worth, Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence.
Self-Worth, Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence are all areas of you and your personality that will go into either helping you to build a life of Optimal Health, Happiness and Vitality. If you don’t take the time to learn about these areas of yourself and build them into positive aspects of you, in many cases this will lead you into a life of unhappiness, ill-health, disease with a lack of purpose depriving you of the vital life you deserve.
Let’s begin with first understanding the difference between them.
- Self-Worth: The definition of self-worth is the sense of one’s own value or worth as a person; self-esteem; self-respect. When someone doesn’t value their self-worth often, they indulge in self-destructive habits such as drugs and alcohol bringing harm to themselves. Believing that this is fun and a way of eliminating any pain or trauma from their memories or lives. However, as many of you would have witnessed continuing with these undesirable habits will eventually bring major trauma and pain to their lives.
- Building Self-Worth begins with learning to believe in yourself and the power that you must change and bring your life to a place of peace, happiness and love. It takes in the elements of building your self-esteem and actions that will help build your self-confidence.
- Self-Esteem can be formed by what you believe others think of you, your perception which as I mentioned in the area of perception this is not always an accurate or true picture. When building your self-esteem, it is important to focus on what you do well and gives you a sense that you are acting on your core desires. When building self-esteem as funny as it might sound, it is important to take yourself out of your head and look at how you can make a positive difference in other people’s lives. Beginning with your family and immediate friends.
- Self-Esteem isn’t about taking control it is about building self-worth and valuing who you are and what you are doing. Building self-esteem begins by taking charge of your thought processes towards you, achieving a deep understanding of how you want to be, act and become in order to fulfil your core desires. It’s about getting what you think other people’s thoughts are toward you either from the past or the present out of your head. Bringing together positive thoughts about you.
- Building Self-Esteem is built when you begin to value yourself. Working on your positives, that can begin simply with the fact that you are alive, breathing and have an enormous capacity to make significant changes that will have a positive impact on you and your life.
- Self-Confidence is a Different to Self-Esteem. Self-Esteem is a change in perception and thought processes about who you are and how you want your life to be. Getting a deep understanding of your core desires. Self-confidence on the other hand is something that is built with action, learning new skills, improving your abilities and working through challenging times. Working in a positive way past your comfort zone. An example may be that your core desire is to become a schoolteacher but feel you aren’t intelligent enough. So, to overcome this fear or challenge you would look at support help maybe engaging with a tutor in the areas that you lack confidence. When I began my studies as a Naturopath, I had never been a great student, went to a technical high school, had no idea about Science, Pathology, Pharmacology etc. I enrolled in a speed-reading class and did brain gym exercises to help me to understand and read faster so I could learn. Anything is achievable if it is your Core desire and you are prepared to put in the work required. This is what builds your self-confidence.