Suffering from Joint Pain & Muscle Pain & Don’t know Why?
Could be Uric Acid Build up!
Swelling, restricted movement and mobility. You may well be suffering from Uric Acid Build-up. Commonly referred to as arthritis or gout.
Gout being another is a form of arthritis this being caused by the accumulation of uric acid crystals in your joints.
A build up of this uric acid is extremely toxic for your body as well as having a detrimental effect on your muscles and joints. The Build up and depositing of uric acid being the “Major Cause of Pain and Inflammation”. The major underlying cause being with the foods eaten, evidence has proven for most people that changing their diets from processed, packaged, baked foods to eating fresh vegetables, fruits, lean meat, fish and chicken that the pain is relieved.
What is Uric Acid?
Uric acid naturally occurs as a waste product in your body. The cause of uric acid is the breakdown of a chemical known as purine
This is always present in the body, it is also found in a variety of foods as well. Uric acid would normally be carried by the blood and filtered by the kidneys, then is exited as a waste product that you know as urine.
The problem however, is uric acid levels will rise if the kidneys are unable to get rid of it naturally Also if the body is producing or has too much of it. This is a condition known as hyperuricemia. This excess of uric acid that may be occurring in your body will cause you to experience some uncomfortable and unpleasant symptoms. The causes of this uric acid build up can be many, however there are many ways to treat the problem and prevent it from reoccurring.
Common Causes of Uric Acid Build Up
- Purines – these are natural substances found in all the body’s cells and also in many foods. The main foods that cause the problem when eaten in large quantities as these are high-purine foods. They are also high-protein foods, these include organ meats like kidney, fish like mackerel, herring, sardines and mussels, and also yeast. Also a diet that is high in animal protein with minimal vegetable content.
- Kidney Problems – Kidney failure and some cancers that affect the blood may also have a detrimental affect on the kidneys.
- Some medications as these can be high in purines, they may also have a detrimental effect on your kidneys.
- Excessive intake of alcohol, soft drink or sports drinks
Symptoms of Excessive Uric Acid
If you are suffering from a build up of uric acid your symptoms will be quite significant with unexplained pain, restriction of movement, muscle tightness, tenderness, heat and swelling.
More common symptoms:
1: Gout: This is caused by uric acid accumulation in the blood, which can lead to the formation of small sharp crystals. These crystals can lead to pain in joints and surrounding tissues, including the feet, ankles, knees and hands. The pain can be sharp and intense. There are many remedies for gout, and most of them are easy to incorporate into your daily life:
- Increase your Fruit and Vegetables. Foods that are low in purines can help flush out the uric acid. Eat plenty of fruits such as berries, mangoes, apples, pears, kiwi fruit and vegetables especially your dark green vegetables. It is advisable to either avoid or minimize your consumption of mushrooms, asparagus and cauliflower, as they have high levels of purine.
- Yum, Cherries. Cherries have been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties, as well as being an antioxidant. A cup at each meal has been shown to reduce gout.
- Alfalfa. Alfalfa can be taken as a supplement, however it is easy to include with your meals to help reduce the pain of gout.
- Water is the Big One. The more water your drink, uric acid is diluted and also the water has a beneficial effect on your kidneys as well.the more the uric acid is diluted.2. Kidney Stones – High levels of uric acid can lead to small stone-like deposits in the kidneys. These are then passed down to the bladder, where they cause intense pain that comes and goes. This pain is not relieved until the kidney stones pass through the urethra. OOOOh painful!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially for you fellows, not good!!!
Best remedies for prevention or treatment of kidney stones are:
- Once again I cannot emphasise enough the drinking of water, water and guess what more water. During the day when you are drinking enough water your urine will run clear.
- Eat foods low in salt and animal proteins. The best advice I can give you here is to avoid all processed meats, tinned or packaged meals, your main stream biscuits cakes and keep bread to a minimum.
- Avoid calcium supplements, these will make kidney stones worse as well as your susceptibility to them. Great calcium sources are almonds, yogurt and guess what green vegetables. So that your calcium is absorbed correctly and not stored in your body, you must include foods that are high in vitamin C. These are citrus fruits, berries and kiwi fruit. Vegetables high in vitamin C are Kale, Spinach, Broccoli and Capsicum. Each morning if you have a lemon squeezed in warm water is beneficial for decreasing uric acid build up by alkalizing your body.
3: Kidney Failure – Kidney failure is just what it sounds like: The kidneys no longer function as well when it comes time to eliminate wastes. The result can be several painful and annoying symptoms, including uric acid build-up in the blood.
- Remedies for kidney failure focus greatly on what you choose to eat. Avoid foods with salt and high levels of protein, as these both make your kidneys work harder. You should also avoid foods that have high levels of potassium, such as bananas or potatoes. Instead, choose low-potassium foods – these include berries, squash, corn, rice, poultry, fish, sweet potato, pumpkin and non-dairy substitutes.
4: What Uric Acid Crystals do and What you can Do!!!! Excess Uric Acid symptoms can be found throughout the body This is dependant on where the uric acid crystals have lodged. However most often this has occurred in the joints and especially the feet, this can then lead to localized pain.
You will find pain medication to be of no help, in fact it may well add to the problem. To help with the reduction of pain daily baths with a cup of Epsom salts, soak in the bath for 20 minutes, the Epsom salts will support the body’s detoxification, this in turn will then help with the pain. According to the Summit to Shore Chiropractic specialists, initially you may well have to do this twice a day.
The best help for eliminating and preventing not just pain, also further health problems is to – Avoid foods high in purines such as red and organ meat such as liver or kidneys: alcohol beverages especially beer, soft drinks, commercial fruit juices, processed meals, sauces and gravies.
Keep to a minimum foods such as mushrooms, spinach, asparagus, cauliflower and legumes. Drink 2 – 3 litres of purified water per day. Eat vegetables such as sweet potato, broccoli, kale, pumpkin, capsicum, garlic, onion, eggplant, parsley and fruits such as grapefruit, red apples, pears, mango, kiwi fruit and berries.
When to Seek a Professional Health Care Support
High levels of uric acid can be the cause or create long term health problems so it is vitally important for our health that we keep up a diet with reduction in foods and drinks that have high levels of purines as mentioned.
- If you are dealing with localized pain that is red and inflamed, especially if it is in a toe or finger, which might be a sign of uric acid build-up
- If you experience bleeding that doesn’t stop after a few minutes
- Rapid heartbeat or new rashes on the skin, especially in conjunction with starting new medications.
- If you are feeling chest pain or chest discomfort, as well as shortness of breath
Read Next: About including Alkaline Forming Foods into your Daily Diet. This will help to reduce pain together with improvements with your digestion.
Learn more about the Foods to Eat &
Why in my eBook – Eating to Live
You will Learn Simple, Effective Ways to improve your Diet & What it will do for you!
- How to make “Food Your Best Friend” “Not Your Worst Enemy”
- The Foods to eat to prevent or overcome ill health and disease and how they will work for you
- What you eat, how you eat and whom you eat with, makes all the difference to the enjoyment of your food
With Easy, Delicious recipes for the whole family