Steps to Understanding and Overcoming allergies
Begins with knowing what the underlying cause/causes are –
Allergies and allergic reactions such as and sinus problems have increased since the introduction to more and more fast foods, packaged foods and the chemicals being used in the manufacturing of these foods. Due to the increase of chemical toxicity within your body allergy attacks from pollen and other airborne allergens have increased.
When you understand what’s happening during allergy attacks, treating them naturally seems like plain common sense. Learning steps to understand allergies will help you in overcoming allergies.
First, picture a grain of pollen — it looks something like a spiny sea urchin. Now see if you can imagine this prickly invader entering your nasal passages and latching onto soft mucous membranes.
These mucous membranes line our bronchial and nasal passages and contain immune cells, called mast cells, which are loaded with histamines. Receptors sit on top of these mast cells, and when an allergen trigger — such as pollen, mould or pet dander — these land on top of the receptor, it alerts the mast cells, which respond by releasing histamine and other chemicals. The histamine initiates a series of reactions designed to help the body get rid of the intruder, including sneezing, watery eyes and itching. For some people, particularly those with asthma, this reaction may also include swelling in the bronchial tubes that makes it difficult to breath.
How Natural Remedies and Lifestyle changes Benefit Allergic Reactions
Support long term health benefits in treating these allergic reactions compared to medications.
Most synthetic medications used to treat allergies attempt to treat the symptoms your body instigates to get rid of the allergen. But doesn’t it this make more sense to you to improve your immune and defense mechanisms to support your body in getting rid of these allergens.
Herbal and Homoeopathic medicines that I use in the treatment of these allergies are free of harmful chemical being derived directly from the plant source. Giving support to your body’s immune/defense system, whereas synthetic medicines appear to block and prevent your body’s immune/defense systems from working effectively, it has also been found that they lower your body’s immune/defense system. This can inevitably lead to further symptoms such as breathing difficulties, block nasal passages, infection and giving you the feeling that you are never quite well.
The most effective way to manage allergies is by supporting your body’s immune system.
Head off allergies before they start with these self help and drug-free solutions.
- Avoid using window fans to cool rooms because they can pull pollen indoors.
- Keep windows closed when driving, using the air conditioner, if necessary, to avoid allergens.
- Limit your time outdoors when ragweed pollen counts are highest — from mid-August until the first frost.
- Nasal douching: What could be simpler than rinsing away allergens with saltwater? This can take a little getting used to but it’s a bit like using nasal spray. A little douse of saltwater can rinse away those prickly pollen grains and help treat allergies and other forms of sinus congestion. Research has recently found that nasal flushing was a mild and effective way to treat seasonal allergies in children, and markedly reduced their use of antihistamines.
- Garlic – Is one of the Greatest Foods to protect your body from ill health, allergies, viral infections, cold and flu. Other health benefits of garlic include: Improves Blood Pressure and Blood Flow: Lowers Cholesterol: Reduced Risk of Heart Disease: Better Athletic Performance: Improves Bone Strength: Improved Memory: Improves the Health of your Skin: Decreased Risk of Disease when combined with a Healthy Diet and Lifestyle habits
Nasal Douche//Flush –
- How to do a Nasal Douche//Flush – You could simply use your cupped hand or a syringe instead of a medicine glass to rinse sinuses whatever is easier for you. To flush your sinuses, mix a quarter to a half teaspoon of non- iodized table salt or sea salt into a cup of lukewarm water and pour it into a glass medicine jar or put into a syringe. (You can adjust the amount of salt, depending on what feels most comfortable.) Lean over a sink with your head slightly tilted to one side, then by tipping the water or syringing it into one nostril and allow the water to drain out the other nostril. Use about half of the solution, then repeat on the other side, tilting your head the opposite way. Gently blow out each nostril to clear them completely. You can do this once or twice a day during allergy season, especially in the morning and after spending time outdoors. This is also useful when done before bedtime to prevent snoring caused by allergies and promote optimal overnight breathing.
- Quercetin -A natural plant-derived compound called a bioflavonoid, quercetin helps stabilize mast cells and prevents them from releasing histamine. Quercetin also is a natural antioxidant that helps mop up molecules called free radicals that cause cell damage, which can lead to cancer. Citrus fruits – mainly lemons, limes and grapefruit, onions, red apples, parsley, green tea, tomatoes, broccoli, dark green lettuce, pineapple, and wine are naturally high in quercetin. The highest quantity of bioflavonoids/quercetin is found in the peel of oranges, lemons, and grapefruit also berries are a great source.
- Bioflavonoids – So to get your daily source of bioflavonoids probably the easiest ways are firstly in the morning to make a smoothie: include in a blender ½ glass of almond milk, ½ cup Bio dynamic yoghurt, ½ cup of frozen mixed berries, the peel and juice of a lemon and grapefruit – blend these ingredients then drink. This is not only good for you; it is yummy, great start to the day.
- A salad a day to keep those Allergies away – Enjoy daily a salad including for example, dark green lettuce, spring onions, parsley and tomatoes, plus protein of your choice cooked chicken or fish, chick peas, lentils, tofu, almonds or walnuts
- Snacks – include snacks such as pineapple, apples, strawberries and mangoes are also a good source.
- Dinner can include broccoli steamed lightly with some raw garlic grated & ginger over on serving. Serve with your favourite protein such as chicken or fish, beans, lentils, tofu, nuts or seeds on a bed of sweet potato.
The herbal formula I have found very effective over the years for my clients, to support healthy immune function and decrease their allergy response includes: horseradish, garlic, echinacea, astragalus, ginger, stinging nettle and rose hip for its high levels of vitamin C.
Homoeopathic Histamine and Apis are extremely effective supporting the body to reduce the allergic response.
I formulate these into a sub lingual spray as studies have found this to be a gentler way to acclimate the body to pollen and other allergens. This is known as sub lingual immunotherapy and has been found highly effective having the medicines in very small doses to be highly effective for the past 20 plus years in Europe. Also if there is a particular allergen this can be formulated into this micro dose which will also assist the body in eliminating the allergen.
ADDITIONAL STEPS TO BUILD THE LIFE YOU WANT
No matter where you are on your journey to improving your health or becoming well. If you are wanting to Learn the Keys to Master a Life of Health, Happiness and Vitality, a Roadmap that you can follow, to give you the necessary guidance and support to Build a Strong Foundation, Guiding you through making the necessary changes in order to finally learn the elements of taking charge of your Health and in turn your Life., you have come to the “Right Place”.
Three Membership Options Available for You –
1: Community Membership – Stepping your foot into the ocean of learning about your body and your health.
2: Founding Membership – You want to know more? This takes you to the next level of learning more -Serious Insights into Unlocking the Keys necessary: To Master a Life of Optimal Health, Happiness & Vitality.
3: Transformational Membership – is the “All Access Pass” As soon as you activate your membership, the whole site and all benefits unlock immediately. It is the “Transformational Building Block” necessary for making positive changes to every aspect of your life. Giving you the guidance and support to achieve the life you want, your dreams and inspirations. It also is about making health a natural part of your daily living. Not to be a chore or a challenge but to become a “Natural” way of Living.