Parents are a Child’s Foundation for Life and constant learning process. Raising Your Children is the Most Important & One of the Most Difficult, Challenging, Jobs and Adventure you will ever undertake. I would like to support you in this lifelong role with you some easy to follow, practical steps that will help you in Raising Healthy, Happy, Confident, Joyful and Empathetic Children.
- Lead by example is the first and most important things that you can do for your children.
- Building Confidence confidence is built by overcoming problems, learning to do things that previously we couldn’t do and by understanding that this is a lifelong process. Encourage and praise your children when working on and accomplishing difficult tasks.
- Allow them to do things they are able to do,. Allow them to help with cooking, cleaning, gardening – Work with them when they are learning new tasks or chores.
- Encourage & Correct: But don’t put them down when they make a mistake. When they do something well or you can see they are putting in a great effort, let them know. If you can see where something could be easier, make suggestions or if they have done something wrong explain and teach how to correct it.
- Don’t be afraid to correct them, if they speak to you badly, or they are being unfair as this is all an important part of their learning and growing into adults they are going to need to deal with life’s challenges. Teaching them positive ways to do this is of vital importance.
- When they are doing something that may bring them harm or that is wrong, move them away from the situation into a positive situation. Explain to them briefly why.
- Don’t allow bad behaviour: Never Give in to unfair demands
- You are the teacher and they are the student: However there well maybe times when they will be your teacher and you will be there student.
- Keep learning how to be the Best Person you can Be: Building your life so as to give them a firm base to build their life from.
- NO BLAMING – Never to blame yourself or your spouse or your children or allow them to blame you for their mistakes. Identify the problem, who owns it. Then how you can best work through it.
- GUILT – Is only useful in the moment that we are off track, so recognize what you have done wrong. Apologize, learn and move on to more positive emotions.
- Faith and Belief – Both in your children and their abilities as well as your own.
- Forgiveness – Forgiving one another for mistakes, especially forgiveness of yourself and your parents
- Provide your children with fresh wholesome food, as they grow older allow them to share in the food preparation. Fruit is the best, least expensive and healthiest fast food. Vegetables make for great snacks and additions to lunch box. Roasted vegetables make great sandwich fillers.
- NEVER use junk or unhealthy food as a treat, such as lollies, cakes, biscuits, ice-cream and soft drinks. Replace these with treats such as fruit, yogurt, if they are old enough fresh roasted almonds or regular homemade popcorn.
Building healthy, positive relationships with your children is a #Lifelong process” once you become a parent you are always a parent. It is learning and working through all the various stages. It is not about Winning, because you will never win as such with your kids. It is about giving them a strong, firm foundation for them to always come back to when they get off, track when beginning to build their lives. You will make mistakes, just make sure that these aren’t lifetime mistakes that you don’t learn from and move forward from.
Something that can take a big ‘Knock” with parenting is your self-esteem, self-worth and self-confidence. So it is important to keep this in tact.