I have been asked do you have to be a Vegetarian to be Healthy? My Answer is NO!!! But you do need to Eat Vegetables to Be Healthy!!!
By Reducing the Quantity of Animal Protein you Eat to that of 25% of your Daily Diet and Making the Rest of your Meal Vegetables
Your Tummy, Your Bowels and Digestion will Love you and You will feel so much Better
Reduce the Portion size of Animal Protein to size of the Palm of Your Hand as this is the size of your Tummy. So this will help with your digestion.
Also keep you meat lean, trim off any excess fat.
Then to have the Rest of your Meal 75% A mix of Roasted or Baked or Steamed Vegetables : Your Greens just Steam or Blanch with Boiling Water
A Tasty and Nutritious Roast Baked Vegetable Recipe
I don’t think there is anything better than Baked Roast Vegetables, they can be added to a salad, enjoyed on toast or in a sandwich. Eaten hot or cold, they are YUMMY!
You can use any variety of vegetables that you have on hand but I will give you the list that I mainly use.
They make a great accompliment to any meal, can be included in a salad cold, and used in sandwiches or rolls.
I would suggest if you are doing this to have the roll and vegies in separate containers.
Put vegies into roll or sandwich just before you are going to eat.
What you need:
- 500 grams of pumpkin (any type that you prefer)
- 2 – 3 parsnips
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 large or 2 small red capsicums seeded and sliced
- 2 onions
- 4 – 5 cloves of garlic, peeled but you don’t have to slice unless they are large
- 2 Organic white potatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup of Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Put half the olive oil and the tablespoon of coconut oil in a large baking pan in oven whilst preparing vegetables.
- Cut Vegetables into chunk size pieces whilst cutting onions into quarters and capsicum into slices.
- In a large bowl, combine all the vegetables – pumpkin, parsnips, sweet potatoes, capsicum, and white potatoes. .Mix Onion and garlic in with the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, stir together thyme, rosemary, other half of olive oil, vinegar, pepper. Toss vegetables through until they are coated. Get roasting pan out of oven and spread vegetables evenly on a large roasting pan.
- Put pan into preheated oven roasting for 20 minutes: Take out pan and stir vegetables over if possible, return to oven for another 20 – 30 minutes until vegetables are golden brown.
- Whilst the vegetables are baking, boil the kettle and about 10 minutes before vegetables are ready steam a couple of cups of broccoli or kale.