8 “Naturally Healthy Tips” To Help Prevent & Treat a Cold or Flu
No matter what the season, cold and flu virus infections appear to be on the increase. Have you thought about how you are going to best support your body during this time in order to stay well, or maybe how best to support you body in overcoming these viruses?
This article has been written to give you some food for thought so that you can make a conscious decision about your health, not to be subliminally programmed to have a treatment that you feel is not in your best interest.
Will you get a flu shot?
What you might like to know before making this decision, taking a look at the symptoms of a cold compared to that of the flu, then what people have suffered from after having a flu vaccination.
Symptoms of a cold can include:
- sore throat
- fever (a temperature of 38 degrees Celsius or higher)
- blocked or runny nose
Symptoms for influenza (flu) can include:
- dry, chesty cough
- aching muscles
- limb or joint pain
- diarrhoea or upset stomach
- sore throat
- runny or blocked nose
- loss of appetite
What the Flu Vaccination has been known to cause – soreness, fainting or swelling from the shot itself. Delayed symptoms that people have suffered from are headaches, fever, nausea and muscle aches, neuralgia, numbness in extremities. Further cases have been found that people who experience an allergic reaction shortly after receiving the shot could have difficulty breathing, swelling, hives, a fast heartbeat and dizziness.
What will Best Support my Body’s Immune System?
Will you support your body’s immune system holistically with herbs, spices and healthy foods?
Cold and flu viruses are infections spread by mucus droplets in the air, they find their way on doorknobs, elevator buttons, handrails and other surfaces. Naturally Preventing or Treating a Cold or Flu with these 8 Healthy tips will Strengthen your Immune System and prevent further infections or allergy type symptoms.
Who is at Risk?
People most at risk of catching colds and flu are people are those over the age of 65, children and babies, people who are inactive, people who already have poor health, people with chronic health conditions such as bronchitis, emphysema and other lung conditions. People with weight problems, lower immune function due to pregnancy, stress or a diet that consists mainly of processed and packaged.
8 Steps to Naturally Treat or Prevent your Cold or Flu Virus
There are many ways you can work to prevent catching cold and flu viruses. This can involve introducing herbs into your daily diet such as sage, thyme, mint, implement good hygiene, nutritious diet with fresh fruit such as lemons, oranges, vegetables and condiments such as onions, garlic, good quality sleep, learning techniques to cope with stress so as not to get so anxious or upset. Making positive changes with lifestyle habits.
1. Washing your hands regularly: The majority of cold and flu viruses are spread through direct contact either from person to person or through objects. When someone who has the flu sneezes onto his or her hand and then touches the telephone, the keyboard, a kitchen glass. The germs can live for hours only to be picked up by the next person who touches the same object. So wash your hands often. If you can’t get to a sink, rub an alcohol-based hand sanitizer onto your hands.
2. Avoid covering your Sneezes and Coughs with your hand: It is important to use a tissue to cover your face when sneezing or coughing, because germs and viruses will cling to your bare hands, where this can result in passing your germs onto others. When you feel a sneeze or cough coming, use a tissue, then throw it away immediately. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into the inside of your elbow.
3. Avoid Touching your Face: Cold and flu viruses enter your body through the eyes, nose, or mouth. Therefore by touching your face, especially with children this is the major way catch colds and flu are passed on to one another.
4. Rest, Hydrate and Relaxation: When you are getting adequate rest and relaxation this will give utmost support to your immune system. Drinking adequate fluids such as water, a fresh lemon drink first thing in the morning and herbal teas such as green tea, ginger and mint. These will help with detoxifying your system improving immune function.
5. Daily Aerobic Exercise: Due to the fact that aerobic exercise increases your heart rate therefore allowing the heart to pump larger quantities of blood; assists with more efficient breathing, this will in turn help transfer oxygen from your lungs to your blood; allowing you to sweat once again acting as a great detoxifier. These exercises help increase the body’s natural virus-killing cells.
6. Healthy Diet: Eating Foods with Phytochemicals: “Phyto” means plants: the natural chemicals in plants such as dark green vegetables, red capsicum, pumpkin, squash, spinach, kale and fruits: is what supercharges the vitamins in these foods.
So no need for vitamins these are far more efficient for keeping you well and healthy. Eliminate sugar. Sugar can suppress your immune system for hours after ingestion. Supplements such as probiotics, vitamin D & C, help to support a healthy immune system as does eating organic yogurt daily.
7. Either Don’t Smoke or Give Up Smoking: Smoking increases your risks of cold and flu, not to mention the most definite long term effects of decreased lung capacity leading to emphysema and lung cancer. When you are around people who smoke this profoundly debilitates your immune system.
Smoke dries out your nasal passages and paralyses cilia. These are the delicate hairs that line the mucous membranes in your nose and lungs, and with their wavy movements, sweep cold and flu viruses out of the nasal passages. Experts contend that one cigarette can paralyse cilia for as long as 30 to 40 minutes. Do you want to make positive changes and give up Smoking for Life, here is a book that has helped thousands of people.
8. Keep Alcohol Consumption to a minimum: By drinking excess quantities of alcohol this will suppress the immune system in a variety of ways. Heavy drinking will make you more prone to initial infections as well as secondary complications. Alcohol also dehydrates the body — it actually causes more fluid loss from your body system therefore can lead to serious dehydration, dehydration leads to inadequate transport of nutrients within the bloodstream, this will also lead to serious toxic effects within the body.
A Favourite Recipe for Overcoming the Flu
Squeeze one Lemon, one teaspoon of grated ginger, one teaspoon of cinnamon, one teaspoon of grated turmeric and a teaspoon of organic or manuka honey. Add hot water, allow to steep for 15 – 20 minutes and sip slowly.
Lemon is high in vitamin C, Honey has anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-microbial properties. Many studies have shown that it is effective at fighting external and internal infections.
Cinnamon and Turmeric benefits include anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and antioxidant properties.
Honey and cinnamon are powerful immune boosters! This remedy is also beneficial in reducing the severity of your cold and also preventing future colds including other viruses.
Read Next: Building a Super Immune System your Defence against Disease!
ADDITIONAL STEPS TO BUILD THE LIFE YOU WANT
No matter where you are on your journey to improving your health or becoming well. If you are wanting to Learn the Keys to Master a Life of Health, Happiness and Vitality, a Roadmap that you can follow, to give you the necessary guidance and support to Build a Strong Foundation, Guiding you through making the necessary changes in order to finally learn the elements of taking charge of your Health and in turn your Life., you have come to the “Right Place”.
Three Membership Options Available for You –
1: Community Membership – Stepping your foot into the ocean of learning about your body and your health.
2: Founding Membership – You want to know more? This takes you to the next level of learning more -Serious Insights into Unlocking the Keys necessary: To Master a Life of Optimal Health, Happiness & Vitality.
3: Transformational Membership – is the “All Access Pass” As soon as you activate your membership, the whole site and all benefits unlock immediately. It is the “Transformational Building Block” necessary for making positive changes to every aspect of your life. Giving you the guidance and support to achieve the life you want, your dreams and inspirations. It also is about making health a natural part of your daily living. Not to be a chore or a challenge but to become a “Natural” way of Living.