Paleo Bread Recipe for a Healthier You:
A Superfood for Achieving Optimal Health!
The Palaeolithic diet, Paleo diet, originated from the caveman diet, or stone-age diet. It is said to be a modern-day version, often being referred to as a fad diet. However, there are many positive elements associated with this diet, it focuses on including good fats, eliminating processed, packaged and fast foods, also focusing on the inclusion of fruit and vegetables. I have never been a great fan of diets as such, I look at more as eating for a healthy and happy life. This recipe for Paleo Bread is so Easy, Delicious and Healthy for you.
Implementing Positive Changes
Making Changes to your Daily Eating can make all the Difference when it comes to your Health. Paleo Bread is a Healthy choice and great for those who are wanting to avoid yeast and wheat. However, it can be very expensive to buy, but OMG, so easy to Make. Here is my recipe for Paleo bread for a Healthier You!
Some of the benefits you will find by eating this bread. Improved mental health better digestion Reduced inflammation Strengthened immune system Weight management.
Baking at Home has Never been So Easy!
Probably not unlike you, I too have found it somewhat interesting coming off bread, when at times you just want an easy snack. Yet I didn’t want to go back to eating wheat and gluten commercially baked breads due to the stomach and digestive problems they were causing. To buy paleo or other grain, seeded, sprouted and individually made breads were so expensive. Looking up a Paleo recipe for bread myself thought this looks so easy. However, I did find it necessary to adapt it as the quantities didn’t seem to come out right as I found on making my first loaf.
One of the things I liked about the cooking of Paleo bread is that you do not have to knead it, wait for it to rise or use any form of yeast. It is as easy as cooking a cake. You simply mix all of the ingredients together put it into a greaseproof tin and within half an hour you have a yummy, wheat free, gluten and dairy free loaf.
of bread ready to eat. Enjoy your favourite sandwich fillings, or toppings such as avocado, smoked salmon and poached eggs. I use chickpea and rice flour as they have great benefits for your health.
Health Benefits of Chickpea Flour
- High in Fibre, Lowers the risk of diabetes, balances cholesterol levels, reduces
hypertension, decreases risk of heart attack, stroke helping to improve
metabolism, Obesity and colon cancer.
- Gluten Free the benefits of reducing gluten or going gluten free with your diet
include improved digestion, improved immune function, reduced inflammation,
improved energy and reduction in mood swings.
Health Benefits of Rice Flour
- Great source of Vitamins including – Zinc, B Vitamins, providing immune support & helps in reducing inflammation.
- High in Fibre together with almond flour and yogurt works together for healthy bones and prevention of osteoporosis.
- Promotes Healthy Liver and Digestion assists with weight management, healthy digestive processes
- Gluten Free together with your Chickpea flour supporting improved immune function, energy and reduction in mood swings
Together with other healthy dietary and lifestyle changes, replacing wheat and gluten-based flours with these will reduce your risk of cancer and associated digestive diseases.
I have also ground pinenuts, almond slivers, cashews and pumpkin seeds that are all healthy sources of additional protein, essential vitamins and minerals.
Let’s get Mixing
Before you start light oven to 200 degrees
- 1 cup of Chickpea Flour
- 1 cup of Rice Flour
- 1 cup of Ground Nuts of choice – I use approximately a tablespoon of each – pinenuts, almond slivers, cashews and pumpkin seeds. I use a mortar and pestle to grind them, but if you want them finer use a food processor.
- 1 cup of Pumpkin seeds or sesame seeds or flaxseeds to put on top of mixture after you have put it into the baking dish
- ½ cup Flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Bicarb
- 3 eggs whisk before adding to mixture
- 6 tablespoons of Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of Cold Pressed Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 teaspoons of pure natural Vanilla Essence
- ½ cup of Almond or Coconut Milk
- 2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
[For variety you can add ½ cup of any of these –grated carrot, grated zucchini, grated pumpkin]
- Mix dry ingredients together including nut mix & any grated vegetables.
- Mix with a spatula or in a food processor
- Gradually add beaten eggs, Yogurt, Oils, Vanilla essence, Coconut or Almond milk and Apple Cider Vinegar
Pour Mixture into a non-stick baking tin, slightly grease with a little olive oil Sprinkle mixture with seeds of your choice as mentioned above. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown, you can check if cook by spiking it with a metal skewer that you have slightly heated over a gas flame or electric burner. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week.
Gluten Free Pikelets Make a Great Snack &
Alternative to Bread
Want to know more about the Paleo Diet – Here is an honest insight into the Paleo Diet!
Paleo or Not? Your Ultimate Guide to Healthy, Simple Eating! 7 Health Benefits
Learn More about the Foods to Eat & Why
Enjoy Easy to Follow Recipes in my eBook Eating to Live
In this eBook – You will learn
- How to make “Food Your Best Friend” “Not Your Worst Enemy”
- The Foods to eat to prevent or overcome ill health and disease and how they will work for you
- What you eat, how you eat and whom you eat with, makes all the difference to the enjoyment of your food: With Easy, Delicious recipes for the whole family
- Eating to Live helping you to achieve Optimal Health, Happiness and Vitality for your whole Life.
Master a Life of Optimal Health: Happiness & Vitality
Professional Evidence -Based Knowledge
Receive Weekly Insights & Guidance
To Live your Best Life
Don’t Miss the Next Issue!
I invite you to subscribe to my Free Weekly Newsletter that my clients, subscribers and members have been looking forward to each week for over 20 years.
What People say – “Thank you, Julie I find your Newsletter gives me inspiration to stay on the path”. “Julie, I don’t know how you knew I needed this information”.
I design my Newsletters to share insights, guidance and strategies that will help with every day and serious health issues, that people have presented me with over the years, seeking advice and what they can do.