Julie’s Easy to make Dukkah, Hummous, Avocado, Sweet Potato Dip Recipes
Dukkah is an Egyptian condiment that includes a mixture of a variety of nuts, seeds & spices It makes a great introduction to the evening meal served with olive oil & stoneground or sough dough bread This also makes a wonderful accompliment with Vegetable soup, to warm you in those Winter months.
Uses for Dukkah
It can also be used as a crusty topping to vegetable bakes or as a coating to your favourite meat.
The health benefits of Dukkah are that it is a great source of healthy protein, aids digestion, balances sugar levels with the herbs and spices used.
Julie’s Easy to Make Dukkah Recipe
Now remember I said this was Easy to make Dukkah, so we are going to begin with a 500 gm bag of LSA (Linseed, Sunflower & Almond mix)
Empty this into a stainless steel bowl, if you want to make it a little different you can in a blender crush some cashew, hazelnuts or pinenuts to add to the mix. You will find with the blend of spices makes this Dukkah very tasty with the additional benefit of being good for your health
This blend of spices will improve your digestion, immune function, antioxidant properties and help to balance sugar levels. Spices are also great way of getting our essential minerals.
Ingredients to add to LSA mix:
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Sumac
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of coriander
- 2 tablespoons of sesames seeds
- 1 – 2 teaspoons of chilli flakes
- 1 – 2 teaspoons of ground pepper
- 1 dessertspoon of onion flakes
- 1 dessertspoon of powered garlic or garlic granules
Mix these ingredients altogether with a spatula, then pour into a glass jar with an airtight lid and store in your pantry.
How to serve:
In a small pate or dip bowl add the Dukkah mix, then in another pate or dip bowl add 2 tablespoons of garlic infused oil:
Then fill with flaxseed or refined olive oil, with a dessertspoon of sweet soy sauce, the put bowls onto a serving plate on surround with warm stoneground or sough dough bread
Wholegrain or seeded breads from Baker’s Delight or your own Specialty bakery store are also a great choice. You can also include your favourite raw vegies as well.
Health benefits of hummus include weight loss, skin care, and improved digestive system, heart health, and muscular functions.
Serves 4 – 5 people
- 1 can of organic chick peas [rinsed]
- 5 cloves of Garlic
- 1 Freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley or mint for that extra flavour
Add ingredients into a blender, blend until smooth add serving in a dip bowl. Store rest of dip in a seal tight container will keep in fridge for about a week. Can be used as filling for rolls or sandwiches.
Avocado Health Benefits – Is Good For Your Heart, Reduces Bad Cholesterol,
Reduces Inflammation In The Body, Prevents Arthritis And Reduces Pain.
Protects The Eyes. Prevents And Fights Cancer. Helps In Weight Loss.
Promotes Skin Health. Nourishment for a Healthy foetus. Great nutrition for babies when they begin eating solids.
Serves 1 – 2 people
- 1 large avocado or 2 small ones
- 1 Freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves
- A teaspoon of Ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of Himalayan rock salt
- 1 – dessertspoon of Avocado oil
Method: Peel avocado, peel and chop garlic cloves add oil, salt , pepper and freshly squeezed lemon – mash together with a fork and serve in dip bowl
Sweet Potato Dip
Sweet potatoes are abundant in essential vitamins and minerals. Vitamin A: – beta-carotene, which is transformed into vitamin A in the body. Vitamin C: An antioxidant, which may decrease the duration of common colds and will help to improve the health of your skin.
Ingredients and Method
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 Red capsicum
- Peel, slice sweet potato and Cut capsicum in slices removing the seeds. bake in a 200 degree oven for 35 – 40 mins in a tablespoon of olive oil.
Allow Potato and capsicum to cool then put into a blender with a tablespoon of Olive oil, 1 teaspoon of ground pepper & 1/4 teaspoon of Himalayan rock salt
Sprinkle dips with Paprika, chopped parsley, coriander or mint for decoration.
“Enjoy – Bon Appetit”
Learn more about the Foods to Eat & Why with Easy to Follow Recipes in
Because: Healthy Eating is Happy Eating Because You & You’re Family are Worth it!
Mindful Nutrition is about becoming mindful and aware of the foods you are eating and why. It is how you will build a positive, healthy and rewarding relationship with food.
You Will Learn –
#How to make “Food Your Best Friend” “Not Your Worst Enemy”
#The Foods to eat to prevent or overcome ill health and disease and how they will work for you
#What you eat, how you eat and whom you eat with, makes all the difference to the enjoyment of your food
#You will Enjoy these – Easy, Delicious recipes that are suitable for the whole family
ADDITIONAL STEPS TO BUILD THE LIFE YOU WANT
No matter where you are on your journey to improving your health or becoming well. If you are wanting to Learn the Keys to Master a Life of Health, Happiness and Vitality, a Roadmap that you can follow, to give you the necessary guidance and support to Build a Strong Foundation, Guiding you through making the necessary changes in order to finally learn the elements of taking charge of your Health and in turn your Life., you have come to the “Right Place”.
Three Membership Options Available for You –
- Community Membership – Stepping your foot into the ocean of learning about your body and your health.
- Founding Membership – You want to know more? This takes you to the next level of learning more -Serious Insights into Unlocking the Keys necessary: To Master a Life of Optimal Health, Happiness & Vitality.
- Transformational Membership – is the “All Access Pass” As soon as you activate your membership, the whole site and all benefits unlock immediately. It is the “Transformational Building Block” necessary for making positive changes to every aspect of your life. Giving you the guidance and support to achieve the life you want, your dreams and inspirations. It also is about making health a natural part of your daily living. Not to be a chore or a challenge but to become a “Natural” way of Living.