How You will Benefit from Increasing Plant Based Foods in Your Diet!
By Increasing Plant Based Foods in your Diet you will decrease your Risk of Disease. Many Health Organizations are now in agreeance of “How you will benefit from Increasing plant Based Foods in your Diet”. The latest scientific evidence has discovered that a plant-based diet rich in vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats, healthy proteins lowers the risk of weight gain and chronic disease.
Increasing the consumption of plant-based foods is beneficial for helping both children and adults increase their nutrient intake, while lowering excess or “empty calorie” intake. It’s been shown that plant-based diets (similar to vegetarian diets in many ways) offer protection against coronary heart diseases, metabolic syndrome risk factors, some cancers, obesity, hypertension, type-2 diabetes and cardiovascular mortality.
Eating more plant -based foods, such as veggies and fresh fruit, in place of foods for example: Processed meats and packaged products has been found to be one of the most valuable ways of treating obesity and reversing the growing obesity and cancer epidemic.
While this is a good reason to go plant-based — considering two out of every three Australian adults, and one out every three children are now overweight or obese — these are excellent reasons to eat more plant-based foods. It is also an excellent way of lowering your carbon footprint, spending less on groceries overall, supporting organic agriculture, reducing your risk for most chronic diseases, and much more.
The Question I am often Asked?
I am often asked by clients as to whether is necessary to become a vegetarian in order to improve their health? No, not necessarily so! It may not be necessary to become a vegetarian to improve your health, but you do need to eat a substantial quantity of vegetables per day and fresh fruit, in order for your health and nutritional intake to improve.
Any positive changes that you make to improving your diet such as eliminating processed, takeaway and other fast food choices is a great start to bring about positive changes to your health.
“What are the Best Foods to Support your Body for Optimal Health”? Is the Question!
That will provide you with essential vitamins, minerals, to provide energy and to support your body with its everyday functions and activities.
The Best Foods to provide your body with all of these needs are fresh, wholesome foods with as little to no processing as possible. Free from chemically derived ingredients and additives.
If after making these changes you feel that eliminating animal food is of benefit and you would like to do this. Then my answer would be if it is for health benefits, then it will benefit you.
When making any changes to your life or lifestyle it is important to do this gradually.
What I am saying here is if you go from today eating a diet of mainly animal foods to tomorrow one of eating just plant based foods. You may well find that this will be too much of a shock to your body and your mind.
It is also about learning about the whole foods you are going to need to obtain the best nutritional value from your plant based diet.
So if you are prepared to go on this learning journey and adventure to either eliminate animal protein altogether or to minimize it then you have come to the right place.
Let’s talk about Increasing your Intake of Plant Foods!
Increasing your intake of plant foods whilst decreasing your intake of animal based foods. This will benefit you by improving your health and decreasing your risk of disease. It is of no secret these days with all the research done, that a diet of 75% plant based foods and only 25% animal based foods has been found to support healthy aging, reduction in disease and supposed age related illnesses such as Heart disease, High blood pressure, Alzheimers. There has been noted significant decrease in mental health problems, fertility problems and cancer due to an increase of vegetables, fruit, nuts and seeds being included into daily eating habits.
You will find that you will have more Energy, Feel more Vital and suffer less from common ailments such as allergies, colds, flu. Even from aches and pains. Your body will recover so much quicker from any health hiccups along the way.
The First Step is to –
- Eliminate animal foods that you don’t eat on a regular basis. For me this was red meat. In my early adult life red meat just didn’t seem to agree with me. So it was easy not to choose it.
- Add more plant foods to your meal. Such as sweet potato, parsnips, cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, pumpkin, beans, peas, broccoli, kale. Also foods such as Quinoa, Brown rice, Black rice these are great sources of nutrients, fibre and protein. See below for further suggestions and health benefits.
- Nuts are a great source of nutrition, protein and fibre. They also aid healthy digestion. These include either roasted or raw unsalted – Cashews, Almonds, Pine Nuts, Walnuts etc.
- Gradually moving away from say chicken or fish. If you do choose to go totally vegetarian then you could say go alternate days to begin with, including either fish or chicken in your meal. Whilst decreasing the portion size. Then you may work toward just having one or two of these meals per week, to fortnightly, monthly until you feel quite happy to eliminate them altogether.
- Eating out can be somewhat of a challenge even though many restaurants are beginning to cater for vegetarians and vegans. The menu selection for these meals still leaves a lot to be desired. Don’t be afraid to ask if you see a meal that you like but don’t want the meat part of it, then ask for the meal without the chicken or beef. This will depend a great deal as to how strict you want to become, because quite often a red meat meal will be cooked with the vegetables or rice. But you can check on this and ask.
- Be Prepared stock your fridge with plenty of vegetables and plant based foods. Your pantry with nuts, seeds, wholegrain rice, quinoa, rice noodles and spelt pasta. This helps you to stay on track.
- You will find many of your non-dairy and vegetarian health food choices in your local health food shop and even at your local Fruit and Vegetable outlet.
- Find some simple, yet yummy recipes that you like and use flavours such as basil, bay leaves, thyme, mint, garlic, fennel, onion, caraway seeds, dill and many more.
Top Plant Foods to Begin with:
All these foods are rich in antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and bioflavonoids that are essential for healthy heart, digestion and metabolism.
- Red Bell Peppers or Sweet Peppers – Red peppers contain three times more vitamin C than orange juice, according to some medical sources.
- Berries – Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries you name it berries are great for you.
- Citrus Fruits – Oranges, Lemons and limes, as well as peaches, nectarines and other fruits all contain vitamin C and bioflavonoid super oxidants.
- Broccoli – This green vegetable has a lot of vitamin C, as well as some other essential vitamins for a healthy diet. As with other foods, use broccoli raw for best results.
Brussels Sprouts/Cabbage – For a hearty meal, include these cabbage type sprouts. Rich in antioxidants, they are also packed with their own unique taste for a delicious way to get bioflavonoids and vitamins.
- Tropical Fruits – Exotic fruits, like mangoes and papayas, have a lot of bioflavonoids and other nutritional elements packed under their skins. These are becoming more accessible at supermarkets everywhere. Don’t miss out on what they have to offer.
- Garlic – By most accounts, garlic is a superfood. Our food culture has long been aware of its anti-inflammatory properties, but now scientists are counting it as among the natural foods rich in bioflavonoids, and therefore able to deliver the antioxidant values we associate with “healing foods.”
- Sweet Potato –has been found to support healthy blood pressure, maintaining healthy insulin levels, healthy bowels. Nutrient packed with Vitamin A, Fibre and Beta-carotene.
- Spinach – Popeye wasn’t kidding: this stuff has all of the qualities you would associate with a green vegetable rich in antioxidants. Spinach and Kale are packed with nutrition improving detoxification and brain power.
- Kale – is one of the most nutrient dense vegetables on the planet. Kale contains the glucosinolates isothiocyanates (ITC) that fights the formation of H. pylori (Helicobacter pylori), a bacterial growth in the stomach lining that can lead to gastric cancer. Kale has antioxidants like vitamin C, vitamin A, and manganese, as well as vitamin K to fight against inflammation.
- Pumpkin – is a widely grown vegetable and is incredibly rich in vital antioxidants, and vitamin A, B, E and flavonoid polyphenolic antioxidants such as lutein, xanthin, and carotenes. These vitamins are essential for maintaining integrity of the skin and mucosa, as well as prevention against oral cavity cancers.
- Beetroot – contains potassium, magnesium, iron, vitamins A, B6 and C, folic acid, carbohydrates, protein, antioxidants and soluble fibre. Beetroot leaves are source of calcium, iron, beta-carotene, and vitamin C. Beetroot is known to helps manage blood pressure and reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke.
Now I am not here to tell you what you have to do. Far be it that I should lead you, you are your own leader and food plays a very important part in life. From it either being your “Best Friend or Worst Enemy” to enjoying family get togethers and other social activities. Like all areas of life I believe it is important to find balance and this depends on each individual.
So if going totally vegetarian or vegan is right for you, then begin with these simple, yet effective incremental changes. I must point out here an important fact – DON’T REPLACE ANIMAL PROTEIN – WITH PASTRY, CAKES, BISCUITS, BREAD OR PROCESSED AND PACKAGED FOODS. These foods may indicate on the packaging that they are Vegan or Vegetarian, but for a large majority of them they are not Vegan or Vegetarian friendly and will have adverse affects to your health. Always to remember when you are changing the foods you eat, the ultimate thought process needs to be – “Will it damage my health or Will it benefit my Health”?
Learn more about the Foods to Eat & Why with Easy to follow Recipes in my eBook: Eating to Live
Our Founding Membership is a Once-in-a-Lifetime Opportunity, for you to Experience from the Ground Level the Core Elements that I have Successfully implemented to guide and support my clients over the past 30 years in Restoring their Health, Life, Happiness and Vitality.
It is the Core Foundation and insight into what to expect with the Full Membership that will provide you with a –
- Trusted Roadmap, Key elements necessary to Successfully Master a Life of Optimal Health, Happiness & Vitality
In the Founding Membership – You will
- Free downloads and worksheets to provide you with a clear understanding to -Why there is More to Achieving Optimal Health than Meets the Eye. The Concepts necessary to support your body to Heal, Prevent and Overcome Disease to Becoming Well. Why a Clear Path and Roadmap is needed for you to follow
- Your own profile and ability to participate in our community
- Ask questions… and actually get answers!
- Subscription to our exclusive Insider newsletter of guidance & strategies not published on our site
The Benefits of Joining the Founding Membership will not only be Great Value for your Dollar. It will unravel the Confusion and Frustration associated with where to start to Become the Master of your Health and your Life. Beginning with Building a Brilliant Mind will give you Clarity, help Build Emotional Balance and Resilience. Provide you with a Strong Foundation enabling you to make positive changes necessary to Build your Health and the Life that you want with a guided path to follow. It will give you a feeling of Confidence and Determination the necessary elements when it comes to staying on track