The Best Way to learn how to Overcome Negative Thought Patterns for a Healthier and Happier Life begins by listening to your Heart. This is where your Core Desires lie waiting to be ignited with Positive Change to your Thoughts, that will bring Positive Change your Day. In this article you will Learn how to overcome negative thought patterns for a Healthier and Happier Life. This can be Challenging at times to real your thinking from the Negative to Positive or Constructive in Building a Happy Life. The Good News is that YOU and YOU alone are “In Charge of your Thinking”
“Never to let the Love in your Heart be Taken Away by the Thought in your Mind” is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself.
Your Thoughts Affect
- How you Treat Yourself:
- Your Moods & Emotions:
- What you Do, How you act:
- How competent you are:
- Your level of self -esteem and confidence:
- How you Treat and Behave Toward Others:
- To a certain extent how people will treat and behave towards you:
I would like to share ways to change your thoughts, how changing these thoughts will change your behaviours and positive habits that will give you a life of optimal health, happiness and vitality. This can be achieved no matter what your previous experiences have been.
Let’s get Started – Building New Habits: Changing Your Thinking: Building Your Positive Life
Some of these habits can be good and some of them not so good, even destructive. So if they are not so good, destructive and are going to not give you a great outcome why do you continue?
It is said to be FEAR, being afraid to change what will people think? What will happen to me? The pain of changing may feel worse to you, than the pain of staying doing those destructive habits.
So it is about asking yourself different questions because the change in itself is not the difficulty but the decision to change. So once you make a conscious effort that you don’t want to continue sabotaging yourself any more. Bringing to your conscious brain about a desire to change: The desire to change to Positive Habits has to be Greater than your desire to remain in your Harmful and maybe even destructive habits.
As an example say one of your negative ways of thinking is to only see the worst in someone or a situation. The change needed to be put into place here is to make a conscious effort to only see the good in someone or a situation.
How to replace Negative Habits with Positive Habits
As children, each of us live with the barrage of commands from the adults in our lives: stop fidgeting, pay attention, sit up straight. For some, those commands became a consistent source of pain, maybe you heard words such as “You’re stupid” or “You’re lazy.” As we grow into adulthood, we don’t leave these remarks behind us, but instead, we continue them on our own, telling ourselves over and over again how inadequate we are.
Our negative thought patterns have the ability to reap havoc on our lives. Sometimes, we create our own reality by what we say to ourselves each day. For example, if we have one or two lousy things happen to us in the morning, we tell ourselves what a terrible day this is. Throughout the day, as we repeat this over and over, we begin to focus only on what has gone wrong. By the end of the day, we have convinced ourselves it was the worst day ever. If instead, we had accepted that the morning started off poorly, but the rest of the day looked promising and repeated this to ourselves all day, we would view our experiences differently and look for the good in what was happening.
5 Steps to Create Your Positive Thought Processes
- Be aware of your thoughts and what you tell yourself each day. Keep track of the negative on a piece of paper for several days. Notice how many times you put yourself down through your thoughts.
- Use a piece of paper folded long ways down the middle. On one side, write down each negative thought. On the right side, write down a positive thought to replace it. Here is a link to inspirational quotes that you will find a helpful guide. Be as specific as possible. You might write down a correction to the thought, as well as a goal. For example, if you wrote down “I can’t believe I lost my keys again, I am so stupid” as a negative thought, your positive side might include such phrases as “I am fine just the way I am” and “I lost my keys today, I am going to start hanging my keys on the hook each day so I know where they are.” Your list should now include the most common negative thoughts you tell yourself each day.
- Use a black pen and cross out each negative thought. As you are crossing them out, tell yourself these thoughts no longer have any control over you.
- Begin to read the positive side to yourself several times each day. Each time you find yourself sliding back into your negative thoughts, tell yourself “STOP” and repeat your positive statement instead. As you begin to do this continually, you will notice the negative thoughts do not come as quickly as they used to. Keep a book with you and write down any new negative thoughts you may have. At the end of the day, go through the same process, exchanging, on paper, negative thoughts for positive ones. Cross out the negative and add your paper to your previous one, so that you can continue to feed yourself positive statements and goals each morning and evening as you read your list.
- Make sure you complete this entire process each day. The act of writing down your positive thoughts will make them stronger; reading them out loud several times a day will make them stronger still. As you begin to see progress, note how many times each day you are writing down negative thoughts about yourself. If you are completing all the steps above consistently, you should begin to see your negative thoughts decrease. Maybe in the beginning you were constantly writing down negative thoughts and filled up pages quickly. Several weeks later, you might see that you are filling up only a half a page in the same amount of time you were filling up a whole page.
No matter what, keep it up!! This may seem like a long process, it will all be worth it, you will see just – Keep working at it and you will have a better and more positive self-image!!