This Unique Bedtime Drink has Amazing Health Benefits, that will also help you to have a Better Night’s Sleep
As a traditional Indian and Ayurveda beverage this drink is usually made to have just before bedtime
Not unlike how in Western society a drink of “regular cow’s milk” has been something recommended as a bedtime beverage
However the health benefits of this Golden drink made with Almond milk in comparison to the “regular cow’s milk” beverage
Almond Milk’s popularity significantly increased due to additional health benefits because a higher tolerance is found with lowering allergic and digestive issues
Enjoy the antioxidant health benefits associated with this Golden Bedtime drink as well as having Great benefits for your Skin
Here are some of the benefits that you will receive from this wonderful drink:
- It goes to battle for you against bacterial and viral infections. Especially beneficial for relieving illnesses related to the respiratory system.
- This golden combination works toward preventing and in some cases where evidence is shown may slow down the progression of breast cancer: skin and lung cancer: prostate and colon cancers: This is due to the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric.
- The anti-inflammatory properties are also what is beneficial for slowing down the process of arthritis and soothing stomach ulcers.
- Due to the antiviral and antibacterial properties of Turmeric milk it is considered one of the best natural remedies for coughs and colds. You will find having this milk on a regular basis at least 3 times per week, it will be a great asset to you for the prevention of colds and flu.
- It is also both the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that it will provide relief from muscular aches and pains.
- As a significant part of Ayurvedic tradition, Turmeric milk is considered a valuable blood purifier and cleanser. It is also revitalizes and boosts blood circulation.
- Your liver being one of your major organs of detoxification Turmeric milk will support the liver’s process of detoxification.
- Almond milk is a great source of calcium, better metabolized than “regular cow’s milk”. So great for healthy, strong bones and teeth.
- Promotes intestinal health because of its powerful antiseptic properties.
- It is a powerful support for the relief of menstrual cramps.
- Assists with healthy weight management by helping to breakdown dietary fats.
- The warming process of the Turmeric milk produces tryptophan. This is an amino acid that will support a good night’s sleep.
So now you are excited and want to know how to make this fabulous drink.
The Making of Turmeric Milk
What you need:
- Organic coconut oil – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 – 1 tsp
- Almond milk – 1 cup
- Honey to taste
What to do:
- Mix all ingredients except for the honey in a saucepan over medium heat, but don’t allow the mixture to boil.
- Remove the milk from the heat.
- Add honey to taste.
- Let it cool and drink up.
How you will Benefit by Drinking this Milk
To achieve these benefits it is important to first realize that you need to be having this drink on a regular basis as mentioned a minimum of three times per week. Secondly, you will support these health benefits by implementing a diet free from fast and packaged foods, soft drinks: habits that will bring harm to you such as smoking, substance or alcohol abuse.
So what you will find over time say anywhere from two weeks to a month: You will have improved digestion: Less reflux and bloating after eating. Your eyes will appear clearer, the whites of your eyes whiter.
Other improvements that have been mentioned by my clients have been: significant relief in arthritis pain.
Women have mentioned an improvement with their complexion being healthier. Turmeric milk is rich in antioxidants as mentioned therefore destroying what is known as free radicals, therefore preventing premature or unnecessary damage to your skin. Restoration of a healthy glow is noticed with the skin. Evidence for this can be found in regards to the potential of herbs in skin protection from ultraviolet radiation, turmeric being one of these. Read further about the protective agents found in herbs: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3263051/
The medicinal properties of Turmeric have been known and used for centuries. If you have never tried Turmeric milk, I hope this article gives you some very good reasons to try it and the benefits that you will gain from making it a part of your regular bedtime ritual. It not only improves your overall health, but I guess it goes without saying it is going to enhance the texture and quality of your skin at the same time.
For further information on the Amazing Benefits of Turmeric follow this Link: Turmeric & its Amazing Health Benefits
Empowering You to Optimal Health Julie Doherty N.D