Enjoy a Better Night’s Sleep by Learning
How to Make this Golden Drink: Turmeric Milk
As a Bonus – Reap the 12 Amazing Health Benefits
This Unique Bedtime Drink – Turmeric Milk also referred to as Golden milk contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds that provide Amazing Health Benefits. One of those include helping you to get a better night’s sleep.
In this article you will Learn the 12 known health benefits of this unique bedtime drink and how to make it.
As a traditional Indian and Ayurveda beverage this drink is usually made to have just before bedtime. Not unlike how in Western society a drink of “regular cow’s milk” has been something recommended as a bedtime beverage. However, the health benefits of this Golden drink made with Almond milk, Coconut milk or Soy milk in comparison to the “regular cow’s milk” beverage certainly out way the “Traditional” Milk beverage.
Almond, Coconut & Soy milk, popularity has significantly increased due to additional health benefits because a higher tolerance is found, with lowering allergic and digestive issues. You will reap the rewards of the antioxidant health benefits associated with this Golden Bedtime drink as well as the Great benefits for your Skin and immune function.
In summary this Golden milk drink is rich in antioxidants, which helps to protect cells from damage, fight off disease and infections playing a major role in helping to achieve a life of optimal health.
12 Amazing Health Benefits
- It goes to battle for you against bacterial and viral infections. Especially beneficial for relieving illnesses related to the respiratory system.
- This golden combination works toward preventing and in some cases where evidence is shown may slow down the progression of breast cancer: skin and lung cancer: prostate and colon cancers: This is due to the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric.
- The anti-inflammatory properties are also what is beneficial for slowing down the process of arthritis and soothing stomach ulcers.
- Due to the antiviral and antibacterial properties of Turmeric milk it is considered one of the best natural remedies for coughs and colds. You will find having this milk on a regular basis at least 3 times per week, it will be a great asset to you for the prevention of colds and flu.
- It is also both the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that it will provide relief from muscular aches and pains.
- As a significant part of Ayurvedic tradition, Turmeric milk is considered a valuable blood purifier and cleanser. It is also revitalizing and boosts blood circulation.
- Your liver being one of your major organs of detoxification Turmeric milk will support the liver’s process of detoxification.
- Almond milk is a great source of calcium, better metabolized than “regular cow’s milk”. So great for healthy, strong bones and teeth.
- Promotes intestinal health because of its powerful antiseptic properties.
- It is a powerful support for the relief of menstrual cramps.
- Assists with healthy weight management by helping to breakdown dietary fats.
- The warming process of the Turmeric milk produces tryptophan. This is an amino acid that will support a good night’s sleep.
How to Make Turmeric (Golden) Milk
What you need:
- 1 teaspoon Organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder or grated Turmeric root
- Almond, Coconut or Oat milk – 1 cup
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of Grated Ginger Adding a teaspoon of Ginger aids digestion & relieves symptoms of indigestion
What to do:
- Mix all ingredients except for the honey in a saucepan over medium heat, but don’t allow the mixture to boil.
- Remove the milk from the heat.
- Add honey to taste.
- Let it cool and drink up.
The addition of cinnamon and ginger have great benefits when it comes to providing health support. Cinnamon helps with balancing sugar levels, and ginger for fighting disease, once again with impressive antioxidant properties.
Additional Suggestions to Achieve Optimal Health
To achieve these benefits, it is important to first realize that you need to be having this drink on a regular basis as mentioned a minimum of three times per week. Secondly, you will support these health benefits by implementing a diet free from fast, processed and packaged foods, soft drinks: habits that will bring harm to you such as smoking, substance or alcohol abuse. What you will find over time say anywhere from two weeks to a month:
You will have improved digestion: Less reflux and bloating after eating. Your eyes will appear clearer, the whites of your eyes whiter. Further improvements that have been mentioned by my clients have been significant relief in arthritis pain.
Both Men and Women have mentioned an improvement with their complexion being healthier. Turmeric milk is rich in antioxidants as mentioned therefore destroying what is known as free radicals, therefore preventing premature or unnecessary damage to your skin. Restoration of a healthy glow is noticed with the skin. Evidence for this can be found in regards to the potential of herbs in skin protection from ultraviolet radiation, turmeric being one of these.
Medicinal Properties of Turmeric
The medicinal properties of Turmeric have been known and used for centuries. If you have never tried Turmeric milk, I hope this article gives you some very good reasons to try it and the benefits that you will gain from making it a part of your regular bedtime ritual. It not only improves your overall health, it improves heart function, provides protection against heart disease, and cancer. It is going to help with improving the quality and texture of your skin, preventing premature ageing as well.
In our Founding Membership Learn more about
Turmeric & It’s Amazing Health Benefits
Master a Life of Optimal Health: Happiness & Vitality
Professional Evidence -Based Knowledge
Receive Weekly Insights & Guidance
To Live your Best Life
Don’t Miss the Next Issue!
I invite you to subscribe to my Free Weekly Newsletter that my clients, subscribers and members have been looking forward to each week for over 20 years.
What People say – “Thank you, Julie I find your Newsletter gives me inspiration to stay on the path”. “Julie, I don’t know how you knew I needed this information”.
I design my Newsletters to share insights, guidance and strategies that will help with every day and serious health issues, that people have presented me with over the years, seeking advice and what they can do.