6 Healthy Treats to Fuel your Sweet Tooth without the Guilt!
Fuel your Sweet Tooth with these 6 Healthy Treats without Feeling Guilty or Harming your Health!
It is no secret that the leading cause of diabetes, heart failure, cancer and obesity is with the consumption of artificial, sugar laden, processed sweet “treats”. I find it difficult to understand how something can be a “treat” when it is going to cause your health problems, that go on to disable you in living a healthy, happy and vital life.
Let’s take a look at 6 “Natural Sweet Treats” & How they will Benefit your Health
Not only will these healthy treats fuel your sweet tooth, but they will also fuel your body in fighting disease, providing you with essential nutrients to function “Optimally.” You hear this word when it comes to the function of your car, and you know that with your car if you don’t put the right “Fuel” in that you will not get the Best or Optimal Performance.
When you think of the health benefits of oranges, the vitamin that they are known for is Vitamin C. All citrus fruits are a great source of vitamin C, a water-soluble antioxidant that prevents cell damage.
How does it work? Every cell in the body contains DNA, which is vulnerable to damage, or mutations, when exposed to free radicals. When DNA mutates, it can lead to the growth of cancerous cells. Vitamin C neutralizes free radicals and can prevent this mutation.
Vitamin C is an essential nutrient to fuel a healthy immune system and detoxification. Oranges are real treats that help fuel your body with other essential nutrients.
- Is an essential nutrient with the formation of blood vessels, muscles, cartilage, and collagen in your bones.
- Fights inflammation reducing the severity of conditions like asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, and cancer.
- Boosts the body’s immune system to protect against viruses and disease.
- Improves iron absorption and fights anaemia.
- Slows age-related macular degeneration (AMD), which can lead to vision loss.
- Helps to Lowers blood pressure and cortisol, the stress hormone.
- The fibre helps to keep blood sugar levels reduced, helps with the reduction of high cholesterol and the prevention cardiovascular disease.
- Calcium – Oranges contain approximately 55 milligrams, this being approximately 6% of your daily calcium requirement. Oranges are important for the metabolism of calcium to your bones.
- Oranges are a great source of Folic acid. Folic acid is an essential B vitamin the body uses to create DNA and divide cells. If you don’t have enough folate in your diet, it can lead to blood disease, cancer, and even birth defects. If you’re pregnant, have an orange. It’s a great natural source of folate.
- Oranges are a great source of potassium. Potassium is a mineral that regulates heartbeat and muscle function. It’s been shown to lower blood pressure in people with hypertension.
- Oranges are high in citric acid, having the ability to alter pH levels in the urine and prevent the formation of calcium oxalate stones, or kidney stones.
Oranges, Lemons, Grapefruit and Limes are you three main citrus fruits that are beneficial in the prevention of disease with their ability to support healthy detoxification, help to keep the body in an alkaline state, this being an important aspect in the prevention and treatment of disease.
Citrus fruit. Great treats to include in your daily diet. Freshly squeeze two of these, alternating different ones each day, for variety. I also boil the skins add some honey, drain, add equal amount of filtered water, and drink throughout the day.
Apples are definite treats, that provide an easy way to add essential nutrients to your daily diet with these amazing health benefits because of their phytochemical content. It is important not to peel the skin, as this is where the phytochemicals are, as well as the fibre that is essential for healthy bowels and digestion.
- Helps to lower the risk of Cancer. Cancer researchers have found that phytochemicals act in several ways to reduce the risk of cancer. They prevent damage to DNA, help the body repair DNA, and keep damaged cells from reproducing. They can also be instrumental to slow tumour growth
- Aids with Healthy Digestion – Gut Health. Prebiotics are found in many fruits, especially apples. Prebiotics encouraging the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut. Research has discovered that encouraging the growth of healthy bacteria helps with alleviating stomach problems such as indigestion, irritable bowel, candida and bloating.
- Healthy Heart. Apples support a healthy heart by helping to lower blood pressure, maintain healthy cholesterol and reduce inflammation. This is all instrumental when it comes to preventing or overcoming disease.
The main health benefits of apples are found in the skin. Ensure that you wash your apples in a mix of 1 tablespoon of Bicarb to a sink half-filled with water. This will remove most pesticide residue and dirt.
Apples can be eaten on their own, in your favourite salad, or dessert.
Berries are the most versatile treats and liked fruits on the planet. They are classified as “Superfoods” when it comes to your health. These tiny morsels are packed full of nutrition and antioxidants. These antioxidants are found in all kinds of berries. It is these antioxidants that are responsible for many of the berries, health-boosting properties.
- Maintaining Healthy Blood Sugar Levels.
- If your blood sugar is too high for a long period of time, it can harm your heart, kidneys, nerves, eyes, and more. Studies have shown that eating berries can help your body control blood sugar levels and avoid dangerous blood sugar spikes.
- One of the major benefits of berries, is to help control blood sugar. Berries do this by helping your body respond better to insulin. Insulin is a hormone that controls your blood sugar by helping your cells use the glucose in your blood. Eating berries can help your body be more responsive to insulin, so less sugar builds up in your blood.
- Prevention of Cancer. As berries contain high levels of antioxidants, studies have shown that antioxidants have the ability to help reduce cell damage that can cause cancer.
- Improve Eye Health. Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is the most common cause of permanent vision loss in people over age 55. An extensive study showed that antioxidants can reduce the risk of developing AMD. As berries have high levels of antioxidants, they will definitely be beneficial to the health of your eyes. It has also been found that antioxidants are instrumental to help treat, prevent and slow the growth of existing cataracts, and preserve the eyesight for longer.
- Healthy Heart. Berries are high in fibre; it is because of this high fibre content that berries help to lower cholesterol. This soluble fibre binds harmful cholesterol as it passes through your intestines, carrying it out as waste. Research shows that this can reduce harmful cholesterol in your blood and help protect your heart.
Berries are great treats to add to your daily diet, they are easy and yummy to eat, providing great health benefits.
Kiwi fruit is only a small fruit; however, it is packed with essential vitamins, minerals, powerful plant compounds include lutein, zeaxanthin and beta carotene. Making them highly nutritious, sweet and delicious to eat. Making them great treats to give your body a little sweetness that has great health benefits. These health benefits include:
Kiwi fruit are one of the richest sources of vitamin C, as you are learning Vitamin C is a necessary vitamin for immune health, detoxification providing support to the body in the prevention or fight against cancer, heart disease, kidney problems and promotes healthy digestion.
The powerful plant protein compounds and beta carotene provide protection and help support healthy eyesight.
One kiwi fruit a day when you are healthy will provide you with your daily amount of Vitamin C. If you are unwell, then you may want to eat two and include a glass of lemon juice for the day. Until you have recovered.
As Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin it is metabolised by the body very quickly. To know when you have had too much vitamin C, you will have loose bowels and sometimes diarrhoea. If this happens, then just gradually cut back how much you are having until you feel comfortable.
Dates are one of the easiest, best treats, to have as a snack. They boost your energy and sugar levels without causing you any harm. They are highly nutritious and are excellent for adding sweetness to your food without causing you any health problems.
1. They provide highly nutritious source of Energy. Dates help to improve your Energy Levels as the carbohydrates in dates are made up mostly of simple sugars, and its simple sugars are easily and quickly converted into glucose for cells to use as energy. Eating 3 or 4 before and after exercises, especially high cardiovascular exercises, will help fortify and replenish energy levels.
2. Dates help Healthy Brain Function – Scientific Studies have linked the connection between brain health and dates. One of the most promising outcomes of these studies is between the consumption of dates and the prevention of Alzheimer’s and dementia. Dates have a strong anti-inflammatory effect. They can help block the reaction of proteins such as Interleukin 6 (IL-6), which not only influences the onset of dementia but that of cancer, arthritis, and other debilitating aging maladies.
- Dates also help reduce the formation of plaque on the brain. By limiting the reactions of amyloid beta proteins, dates may help slow the death of brain cells and failing neural pathways. In animal studies the subjects showed better memory and learning capability with the inclusion of dates in their diet. They also displayed lower stress when compared with the studies’ control groups.
- Human trials will of course provide more conclusive information, that is often difficult to come by. As a great deal other dimensions come into the causative factors of Cancer, Alzheimer’s, early blindness, diabetes and other diseases that have previously been associated with ageing, can be prevented by making significant dietary and lifestyle changes.
3. Relief from Constipation. As dates are high in fibre this helps with healthy bowel function, one to two dates per date can help to keep you regular. This is important to your health in eliminating foods that your body no longer needs or wants. If you don’t have healthy bowel function this can lead to bowel cancer, digestive disorders and your body becoming toxic. Dates will also help to settle your tummy, if you are suffering from Chronic Diarrhoea.
4. Healthy Bones: Dates contain several minerals, including phosphorus, calcium, and magnesium. All of these have been studied for their potential to prevent bone-related conditions like osteoporosis. Dates are a great way to improve your calcium, magnesium and phosphorus levels the minerals all work together to build and maintain healthy bone health.
5. Blood sugar control: Dates have the ability to help with blood sugar regulation due to their low glycaemic index, fibre, and antioxidants. Eating dates will help to support healthy, diabetes management. A great way to have a sweet treat without harming your health.
Dates are great treats to fuel your sweet tooth without harming your health. Three to six dates per day are all you need to reap the health benefits of dates.
Dates are high in fibre and can be beneficial for preventing constipation, treating diarrhoea, controlling blood sugar and maintaining healthy bones together with making other healthy lifestyle and dietary changes.
Coconut Yoghurt. Last but not least on my list for easy, simple and healthy treats to fuel your sweet tooth is Yoghurt. I know you are going to ask – “Why! Coconut Yoghurt and not Yoghurt made from dairy”? Good Question – here is why! As you may well know that Yoghurt is a slightly fermented food filled with healthy bacteria. Traditionally, yogurt is made from animal milk.
By limiting your intake of animal products, you are reducing your risk of heart disease and cardiovascular problems. By making some simple changes like replacing animal products with plant-based products you are benefiting your health and the planet.
A major benefit to using coconut milk is that it is lactose and casein free, these being the major contributors to allergy and digestive problems caused by dairy products. Coconut milk helps to lower cholesterol, helping with a healthy heart, even though it is classed as saturated fat. The reason for this being is because it is plant-based and not animal based it is metabolised more effectively by your body.
How to implement coconut yoghurt to your diet. Although coconut yoghurt is healthy for you and highly nutritious, it’s also high in calories. All you need to reap the healthy benefits of coconut yoghurt is one cup per day.
As I mentioned earlier, I don’t consider something to be a treat when it will cause you and your body harm: “Healthy Treats”. These Simple Foods are easy, less expensive than medical and doctor bills that you will encounter down the track if you implement unhealthy “treats” such as lollies, chocolate, cakes, biscuits, other pastries, soft drinks and other treats, such as these.
Always Remember that Treats are only foods that are “Good for You”
ADDITIONAL STEPS TO BUILD THE LIFE YOU WANT
No matter where you are on your journey to improving your health or becoming well. If you are wanting to Learn the Keys to Master a Life of Health, Happiness and Vitality, a Roadmap that you can follow, to give you the necessary guidance and support to Build a Strong Foundation, guiding you through making the necessary changes in order to finally learn the elements of taking charge of your Health and in turn your Life., you have come to the “Right Place”.
Three Membership Options Available for You –
1: Community Membership – Stepping your foot into the ocean of learning about your body and your health.
2: Founding Membership – You want to know more? This takes you to the next level of learning more -Serious Insights into Unlocking the Keys necessary: To Master a Life of Optimal Health, Happiness & Vitality.
3: Transformational Membership – is the “All Access Pass” As soon as you activate your membership, the whole site and all benefits unlock immediately. It is the “Transformational Building Block” necessary for making positive changes to every aspect of your life. Giving you the guidance and support to achieve the life you want, your dreams and inspirations. It also is about making health a natural part of your daily living. Not to be a chore or a challenge but to become a “Natural” way of Living.