9 Health Benefits of Dandelion Root Tea that will Amaze You!
Health Benefits of Dandelion root [Taraxacum Officinal] will Amaze you! Most of you would not realize that those yellow flowers that popup in your lawn and garden each year, known as Dandelion [Taraxacum officinal] have amazing health benefits such as supporting healthy liver and heart function, digestion and detoxification.
Pre-Existing Health Condition
If you have a pre-existing condition you will find that an individually prescribed herbal formula will be more powerful than teas. In these circumstances it is advisable that you Book for an Online Naturopathic Consultation, so all areas of your health concerns can be addressed. Herbal medicine has been around for thousands of years and is still being prescribed due to its successful medicinal and restorative properties. You can begin including the health benefits of herbal medicine into your daily routine by replacing your hot beverages with herbal teas.
Dandelion’s Amazing Health Benefits
Health Benefits of this Amazing Plant that you may well have just seen as a weed in your garden. The root of the plant has a successful history for its therapeutic properties. Dandelion has been used since ancient times for supporting healthy liver function, improvement of energy levels, detoxification and antioxidant properties in prevention of disease and an improvement of health in regards to better quality of life.
- Gentle laxative: supporting healthy bowel motion
- Healthy Digestion: the therapeutic properties of kynurenic acid, an amino acid that specifically supports bile production. The highest concentration of this compound was detected in dandelion. Due to the fact that dandelion helps to stimulate the production of bile this supports the transport toxins out of the body. This in turn makes dandelion root a great support to your body’s natural immune response.
- Detoxification by supporting healthy liver and kidney function. Prevention liver and kidney disease when combined with a healthy lifestyle.
- Relieves inflammation: helps in the healing of boils, fever and is helpful in the treatment of diarrhea.
- Stimulates Healthy appetite: in times of stress and illness
- Regulates blood sugar levels: People with type 2 diabetes have noticed a drop in their blood sugar levels when drinking dandelion root tea.
- Cardiovascular and Heart Health: Dandelion root has diuretic benefits that can be supportive in lowering blood pressure. It is also a good source of fiber and potassium, supporting healthy blood pressure. Due to its diuretic properties it is also found helpful in the treatment of gout, rheumatism, or any swelling of the joints. It has also been found beneficial in the prevention of urinary tract infections
- Lowering of cholesterol levels: Dandelion also helps to lower cholesterol levels, by lowering triglycerides and maintaining a healthy ratio of HDL, the “good” cholesterol that can keep your cardiovascular system functioning normally.
- All round vitamin supplement: A cup of Dandelion tea per day will provide you with the following vitamins – A, B, C, and vitamin D. It also contains the minerals potassium, iron, and zinc.
Recommended Dosage for Dandelion Root tea
To improve your health and health maintenance:
Paediatric: Adjust the recommended adult dosage to account for the child’s weight. Most herbal dosages or adults are calculated on the basis of a 150 lb (70kg) adult. Therefore, if the child weights 50 lb (20 – 25 kg), the appropriate dose of dandelion for a child will be 1/3 of the adult dose.
Adult: Dandelion is generally used in two main forms:
- Dried leaf infusion – 1 – 2 teaspoons for one cup of tea, Pour a cupful boiling water over infusion steep for 5 – 10 mins. Drink 2 – 3 cups per day for therapeutic use, 1 – 2 cups a day for preventative benefits.
- Dried Root – One teaspoon per cup, Pour a cupful of boiling water over infusion, steep for 5 mins. Drink 2 – 3 cups per day for therapeutic use, 1 – 2 cups a day for preventative benefits.
This root is more powerful with medicinal properties than the leaf. It is recommended to prevent any unwanted side effects that to purchase an organic brand of the tea, that isn’t contaminated with harmful chemicals and pesticides. Also more isn’t better, stick to the recommended dosage and over time combining with other healthy lifestyle changes, you will reap the benefits of this amazing herb/plant.
This isn’t in place of any other medical or health treatments you are undergoing. Check with your health professional if you are on other health medicines or supplements. If the condition that continues that you are drinking the tea for doesn’t improve, then it is important that you consult with a Health Professional. As with any diuretic, ensure that you drink 8 – 10 glasses of filtered water per day, so as not to become dehydrated.
In the majority of cases it is uncommon to have side effects from Dandelion. However if you are suffering from Kidney or Liver Damage, Kidney stones – Drinking of this beverage should be avoided. If you drink it in excessive quantities you may find that fertility problems may occur and if you suffer from allergies may have a detrimental effect. Drinking an excessive amount of Dandelion tea per day would be say in excess of 5 – 10 cups.
Read Next: Licorice Tea Restores Adrenal Energy, Repairs Leaky Gut
Health Benefits of Drinking Licorice Tea: One of Nature’s Best Medicines for Restoring Adrenal Energy & Repairing Leaky Gut!
ADDITIONAL STEPS TO BUILD THE LIFE YOU WANT
Become a Community Member – A Great Place to Start Mastering your Health & your Life
Master a Life of Optimal Health, Happiness & Vitality is in essence is about providing you with a trusted and guided path to support you with understanding the concepts and changes necessary for taking charge of your health and ultimately your life. By Becoming a Community Member this is a Great Way to Get Started!