Gluten & Dairy Free Banana Cake: Diabetic & Digestive Friendly
3 Easy Steps to Healthier Eating
To my thinking a “Treat is not a Treat” unless it is Healthy. This is a favourite of mine. It is Diabetic and Digestive Friendly Banana Cake. It is Gluten and Dairy Free. Gluten poses many health problems when eaten long term disrupting the health and function of your digestive track that can lead to serious related diseases.
You are worth more than eating foods or drinking drinks that will cause harm to you and your body. Enjoy this healthy treat!
Health Benefits of this Cake
(I think this is as the saying goes – “You can have your cake and eat it too!”)
Well here is a Great recipe for you, that includes the spice sumac & cinnamon to help balance sugar levels, turmeric your wonder anti oxidant, anti inflammatory spice:
Honey and Bananas add all the sweetness you need, olive oil one of your healthy, good fats & eggs for your protein.
Did you also know that honey is a natural antibiotic and bananas contain potassium, B6 & B9, provide fibre and help in lowering blood pressure.
Here we have it “Your Healthy Banana Cake”
- 3 large, very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, beat these separately in a bowl
- 2 tablespoons of Organic Honey
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 1 cup of Sheep’s or Coconut Organic Yogurt
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of Quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup of Coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons Sumac
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
Add the Flour and & Spices into a bowl, mix together
Then add beaten eggs, honey, olive oil & mashed bananas. Mix together well. The consistency should be fine without any further liquid, however if yours is a little dry you can some filtered water.
Pour into a greased cake tin and cook in a moderate oven 180 degrees for 35 – 45 mins. Check with warmed skewer, if skewer comes out clean then your cake is cooked.
Spread organic vanilla goat or coconut milk yogurt then sprinkle with cinnamon. If you just have plain yogurt, then add 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla essence to a cup of yogurt.
The way to a Healthier and Happier you lies in the Foods that you EAT!
Beginning with these 3 Steps:
- I encourage you to eat minimal processed foods and packaged foods. Ensuring that they have no artificial flavours, preservatives or chemicals.
- I encourage you to take the time to read labels, some great rules here to follow is the few added ingredients the better: Secondly, if you can’t pronounce an ingredient, don’t buy the product. Thirdly: Don’t buy products with added salt or sugar.
- Stay away from McDonalds, Hungry Jacks, KFC and even Subway as these do not support a healthier you in any shape or form. Always to remember that “Fresh is Best”. Eat four to five different coloured vegetables per day and two to three pieces of Fruit. Making food your “Best Friend”, not your “Worst Enemy”.
In our Free Community Membership: Learn Easy Steps to Go Gluten Free Eating
Learn more about the Foods to Eat and Why with Easy to Follow Recipes in my
ADDITIONAL STEPS TO BUILD THE LIFE YOU WANT
No matter where you are on your journey to improving your health or becoming well. If you are wanting to Learn the Keys to Master a Life of Health, Happiness and Vitality, a Roadmap that you can follow, to give you the necessary guidance and support to Build a Strong Foundation, Guiding you through making the necessary changes in order to finally learn the elements of taking charge of your Health and in turn your Life., you have come to the “Right Place”.
Three Membership Options Available for You –
1: Community Membership – Stepping your foot into the ocean of learning about your body and your health.
2: Founding Membership – You want to know more? This takes you to the next level of learning more -Serious Insights into Unlocking the Keys necessary: To Master a Life of Optimal Health, Happiness & Vitality.
3: Transformational Membership – is the “All Access Pass” As soon as you activate your membership, the whole site and all benefits unlock immediately. It is the “Transformational Building Block” necessary for making positive changes to every aspect of your life. Giving you the guidance and support to achieve the life you want, your dreams and inspirations. It also is about making health a natural part of your daily living. Not to be a chore or a challenge but to become a “Natural” way of Living.