Gluten & Dairy Free Banana Cake Recipe: Diabetic & Digestive Friendly
Gluten & Dairy Free Banana Cake
That is Diabetic & Digestive Friendly
3 Easy Steps to Healthier Eating
To my thinking a “Treat is not a Treat” unless it is Healthy. This is a favourite of mine. It is Diabetic and Digestive Friendly Banana Cake. It is Gluten and Dairy Free. Gluten poses many health problems when eaten long-term disrupting the health and function of your digestive track that can lead to serious related diseases.
You are worth more than eating foods or drinking drinks that will cause harm to you and your body. Enjoy this Healthy Treat!
Health Benefits of this Banana Cake
(I think this is as the saying goes – “You can have your cake and eat it too!”)
This is a Great recipe for you and your Health. It includes the spice sumac & cinnamon to help balance sugar levels, turmeric your wonder antioxidant, anti-inflammatory spice.
Honey and Bananas add all the sweetness you need, olive oil one of your healthy, good fats & eggs for your protein.
Did you also know that honey is a natural antibiotic and bananas contain potassium, B6 & B9, provide fibre and help in lowering blood pressure.
Digestive & Diabetic Friendly Banana Cake Recipe
- 3 large, very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, beat these separately in a bowl
- 2 tablespoons of Organic Honey
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 1 cup of Sheep’s or Coconut Organic Yogurt
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of Quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup of Oat flour
- 2 teaspoons Sumac
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
Add the Flour and & Spices into a bowl, mix together
Then add beaten eggs, honey, olive oil & mashed bananas. Mix together well. The consistency should be fine without any further liquid, however if yours is a little dry you can some filtered water.
Pour into a greased cake tin and cook in a moderate oven 180 degrees for 35 – 45 mins. Check with warmed skewer, if skewer comes out clean then your cake is cooked.
Spread organic vanilla goat or coconut milk yogurt then sprinkle with cinnamon. If you just have plain yogurt, then add 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla essence to a cup of yogurt.
Food is your Best Line of Defence to obtain, maintain & overcome Ill-health and Disease
The way to a Healthier and Happier You
lies in the Foods that you EAT!
Beginning with these 3 Steps:
- I encourage you to eat minimal processed foods and packaged foods. Ensuring that they have no artificial flavours, preservatives or chemicals.
- I encourage you to take the time to read labels, some great rules here to follow is the few added ingredients the better: Secondly, if you can’t pronounce an ingredient, don’t buy the product. Thirdly: Don’t buy products with added salt or sugar.
- Stay away from McDonalds, Hungry Jacks, KFC and even Subway as these do not support a healthier you in any shape or form. Always to remember that “Fresh is Best”. Eat four to five different coloured vegetables per day and two to three pieces of Fruit. Making food your “Best Friend”, not your “Worst Enemy”.
Join my Free Community Membership
To learn more about making Healthy Lifestyle Choices & Gluten Free Eating
Master a Life of Optimal Health: Happiness & Vitality
Professional Evidence -Based Knowledge
Receive Weekly Insights & Guidance
To Live your Best Life
Don’t Miss the Next Issue!
I invite you to subscribe to my Free Weekly Newsletter that my clients, subscribers and members have been looking forward to each week for over 20 years.
What People say – “Thank you, Julie I find your Newsletter gives me inspiration to stay on the path”. “Julie, I don’t know how you knew I needed this information”.
I design my Newsletters to share insights, guidance and strategies that will help with every day and serious health issues, that people have presented me with over the years, seeking advice and what they can do.