Gluten & Dairy Free Banana Cake: Diabetic & Digestive Friendly including 3 Easy Steps to Healthier Eating
To my thinking a “Treat is not a Treat” unless it is Healthy. This is a favourite of mine. It is Diabetic and Digestive Friendly Banana Cake. It is Gluten and Dairy Free.
You are worth more than eating foods or drinking drinks that will cause harm to you and your body. Enjoy this healthy treat!
Health Benefits of this Cake
(I think this is as the saying goes – “You can have your cake and eat it too!”)
Well here is a Great recipe for you, that includes the spice sumac & cinnamon to help balance sugar levels, turmeric your wonder anti oxidant, anti inflammatory spice:
Honey and Bananas add all the sweetness you need, olive oil one of your healthy, good fats & eggs for your protein.
Did you also know that honey is a natural antibiotic and bananas contain potassium, B6 & B9, provide fibre and help in lowering blood pressure.
Here we have it “Your Healthy Banana Cake”
- 3 large, very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, beat these separately in a bowl
- 2 tablespoons of Organic Honey
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 1 cup of Sheep’s or Coconut Organic Yogurt
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of Quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup of Coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons Sumac
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
Add the Flour and & Spices into a bowl, mix together
Then add beaten eggs, honey, olive oil & mashed bananas. Mix together well. The consistency should be fine without any further liquid, however if yours is a little dry you can some filtered water.
Pour into a greased cake tin and cook in a moderate oven 180 degrees for 35 – 45 mins. Check with warmed skewer, if skewer comes out clean then your cake is cooked.
Spread organic vanilla goat or coconut milk yogurt then sprinkle with cinnamon. If you just have plain yogurt, then add 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla essence to a cup of yogurt.
The way to a Healthier and Happier you lies in the Foods that you EAT!
Beginning with these 3 Steps:
- I encourage you to eat minimal processed foods and packaged foods. Ensuring that they have no artificial flavours, preservatives or chemicals.
- I encourage you to take the time to read labels, some great rules here to follow is the few added ingredients the better: Secondly, if you can’t pronounce an ingredient, don’t buy the product. Thirdly: Don’t buy products with added salt or sugar.
- Stay away from McDonalds, Hungry Jacks, KFC and even Subway as these do not support a healthier you in any shape or form. Always to remember that “Fresh is Best”. Eat four to five different coloured vegetables per day and two to three pieces of Fruit. Making food your “Best Friend”, not your “Worst Enemy”.
Read next: Gluten Free Eating made Easy
Learn more about the Foods to Eat and Why with Easy to Follow Recipes in my eBook Eating to Live
We all need a Little Support and Encouragement along the way. Enjoy my Weekly Newsletters. Giving guidance and support to Stay on the Path for a Healthier and Happier You!
Living a Life of Optimal Health, Happiness and Vitality is a Life Choice. A Decision that you cannot afford Not to Make!
ADDITIONAL STEPS TO BUILD THE LIFE YOU WANT
Become a Community Member – A Great Place to Start Mastering your Health & your Life
Master a Life of Optimal Health, Happiness & Vitality is in essence is about providing you with a trusted and guided path to support you with understanding the concepts and changes necessary for taking charge of your health and ultimately your life. By Becoming a Community Member this is a Great Way to Get Started!