As you learn to Become more Flexible
So will Success become More Achievable in the areas of your Life
Making Positive Change Easier
“Life happens when you are busy making other plans”
So what does Flexibility actually mean and How can you achieve it?
What Does It Mean To Be Flexible? As you well know that flexibility is the opposite of rigid.
And I am sure that you have come across those people whom are just too rigid or stubborn for their own good.
They are the people who refuse to make the necessary changes, either to make their life easier or their health better.
Being flexible is about opening your mind to new ways of thinking, being and new ways of doing.
Understanding the key role of flexibility will enable you to roll with life’s challenges and obstacles more easily.
Providing you with the ability to make changes and adaptions that will give you a better, more positive outcome. In alignment with your core desires and dreams.
An example of this was with one of my clients, who became a paraplegic, obviously having to make huge changes in their life. This person’s core desire was to remain as independent as possible, so first change they made was to have their car fitted with hand controls. Then slowly implementing changes within their home and work environment. Success was achieved by still having a degree of independence.
Why Is Flexibility A Key To Successful Change?
Flexibility is a key to successful change for many reasons. The most important one being, helping to overcome challenges, obstacles that may prevent long term success of change.
Developing your flexibility muscle as I like to call it, opens up your world to opportunities, helps to eliminate negative and destructive habits by giving you a smoother ride to change.
Flexibility is an important element when it comes to successful relationships, as people are much more likely to enjoy spending time with you.
The reason being, that you will remain stable, even through times of uncertainty or during times of change, then transitioning into the new concept, area or activity.
Developing flexibility will give your days more scope and variety, helping you to feel better about getting out of bed in the morning.
Flexibility decreases conflict, highlights an element of excitement, bringing about a greater level of empathy and compassion.
Flexibility helps you to reorganize your schedule with less stress when something unexpected comes up, leaving you feeling less anxious or distressed.
I learnt early in my life, that the mornings were the time to get organized: To exercise, have a shower, makeup etc, so that no matter what happened, during the rest of the day, I was OK. Anything that was a must to do for the day, I would get done early.
I would also leave the house tidy and respectable so that when I came home, I was then able to relax and quietly go about my evening events.
8 Steps to Developing Flexibility!
Now you have a clearer understanding about the importance of flexibility, I am going to help you develop it.
Follow these strategies to develop flexibility in your Life.
- Developing Self Awareness: A Major Key to creating and building a successful life, begins with Building your Foundation, Changing your Perception to how you want to feel, your thoughts, how you react and how you want your life to be. Bringing these into alignment with your Core Desires, this is what will keep you on track with building your life of Optimal Health, Happiness and Vitality. Keeping your Core Desires in mind of how you want to feel and be is what will help flexibility and the ability to change course at any given moment to meet with your Core Desires.
- Being adaptable to your immediate thoughts and reactions. Always to remember the bigger picture, your core desires and dreams. For example, one of your core desires maybe to have a more peaceful home environment with your family, less conflicts. So your first reaction, if one of the kids brought home a friend for tea, at the last minute, would be to get upset and complain. However, you just remembered before displaying your upset or complaint that your core desire, was in lessoning family conflicts, so you decide to let it go this time, setting an extra place at the table. Later when the visitor has gone home, you just mention that maybe next time you could be given a little more notice.
- Stepping out of your comfort zone: Everyone wants to feel comfortable that can be one of the major obstacles to overcome when wanting to make positive changes. Hence the importance of stepping out of your comfort zone. Depending on your emotions and frame of mind at the time, this may be a little tricky. So starting with small changes, so it isn’t too much of a shock to your system. Especially if you have been used to a fairly structured, even somewhat rigid routine. This is where the importance of your core desires, dreams, aspirations and then putting into action, changing of your thought processes, with affirmations comes into play. Stepping out of your comfort zone gives you the ability to expand your knowledge, your confidence and your zest for life.
- Communication: Learning to communicate well is not just about learning to express your thoughts, plans and beliefs, it also is important to “Listen”. Because effective, positive communication is vital to bring about change, listening to others will give you great insight, learning and knowledge both for your life and into the changes that need to be made. I would like to take a moment to explain something here, being positive, doesn’t mean that you go into la, la land believing that everything and everyone is wonderful. If only that were true, how boring that would be, “it is within the great differences that lie between us, that bring us together as one”. (Julie Doherty) Developing a more constructive and positive way of behaving and communicating is about looking at alternatives, how to solve problems that are directly associated with your home, family or work environment. When you communicate in this way, you will be remembered as someone who is of help, not a hindrance.;Listening. As mentioned previously, effective listening is such an important part of flexibility. It took me a long time to learn the art of effective listening, as has been a problem for many of the people I have worked with over the years. Because our minds are always thinking ahead, or thinking of an answer when someone is talking to us. So this is one of the most important areas in developing flexibility, because when we hear clearly what someone else is saying, being flexible becomes much easier because we know what is happening, therefore making change once again, becomes less stressful.
- Patience: I am sure you are familiar with the saying: “Patience is a Virtue”. So what exactly does that mean? I like this meaning of patience, “Patience” is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances”. “Virtue” meaning a sense of integrity, honour, trust and honesty”. So putting that together when it comes to developing your flexibility, is that you are building your ability to endure and face difficult circumstances, to rise above any obstacles and difficulties with integrity and honour. Providing you “Success” at its deepest and most profound level.
- Small Steps: Big Changes -Takes Small Steps. Developing flexibility is one of the biggest challenges you will overcome, giving you the strength, endurance and clarity to successfully bring about positive changes. The reason I say that is one of the biggest challenges is that, as human you want the changes to have happened yesterday, so you go about putting too many things on your daily –“To do list”, only to become frustrated, losing motivation and losing the ability to be flexible because it all isn’t happening as quickly as you want it to be.
- Sanity & Sustainability: Let’s get some clarity here that will help with your sanity and managing sustainable changes. By developing small steps for example, 2 – 3 things per day on your – “To do list” that are new, different or require a great deal of thought and perspective. Is going to be instrumental in expanding and developing your flexibility, being the key element to the success you will achieve, one step at a time.
Building a Life of Optimal Health, Happiness & Vitality takes Courage, Work, Commitment
A Deep Understanding of your Core Desires
This will help you to Build a Strong Foundation
To Understand and Activate necessary Changes that will support you achieve your goals, your dreams (your core desires)
To take charge of not letting any of this slip through your fingers
eBook – Optimal Health the Key to Ageless Aging
This eBook will give you a clear understanding into some crucial facts, that No Matter what your Age or Stage of Life these things are within your reach
How to have Optimal Health, Happiness & Vitality – Being Free from Disease. How to Enjoy a Positive Relationship with YOU
Embracing the Very Essence of who you are with the secrets to Bringing out the Beauty in YOU
As an established business owner, naturopathic practitioner, skin care specialist former massage therapist, mother, grandmother writer and health coach. Julie has spent the past 5 ½ years formulating her 27 plus, years of evidence based knowledge and experience into building a membership area into her Website.
This area is in the final stages of being launched and will be available to you on the website you are currently viewing, shortly.
According to Julie’s loyal clients and colleagues this will enable people from all walks of life to achieve Optimal Health, Happiness & Vitality in the comfort of their own homes with ease, honesty and simplicity.
Three Key Elements:
- Building a Strong Foundation– Understanding the WHY! You will develop a clear understanding of what you want and why.
- Keys to Making Changes– Making changes is inevitable, taking charge is a choice you have to make to build clarity of mind for lasting changes
- Taking Charge- Understanding the Why and the Changes you want to make, will give you a Clear Path to a life of Optimal Health, Happiness & Vitality