The Best Foundation that you will ever have when Healing from a Diagnosed disease is by Changing Habits
Healthy & Positive Lifestyle Changes: Changing the Foods that you Eat and the Way you Think
This gives your Body the Best Support and Chance of Recovery
It is important to have an understanding that one of the foundational aspects in fighting Lung and Liver cancer.
This involves fuelling your body with abundant quantities of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
By this I don’t mean manufactured ones, I mean fresh from the foods you will be eating to give your body this abundance of nutrition.
This is support your body so it is able to operate at peak performance in your Fight For Life
Fully being able to cope with the rigors of more conventional cancer treatment methods like radio therapy, chemotherapy, and surgery. Should you choose these, your body will need massive amounts of support from you.
According to the ACS, your diet should consist largely of whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, while minimizing your intake of saturated fats, alcohol, trans fats, fried foods, sugars, processed foods, and white (refined) flour items.
Many fruits and vegetables such as broccoli, berries, and the like have been shown to have powerful cancer fighting properties, so strive to consume at least one serving of fruits and one serving of vegetables with every meal while battling lung and liver cancer.
Beyond that, ensure that your diet contains plenty of lean protein, as protein is the building block that your body uses to construct and repair tissue. Aim to consume anywhere from 0.5 g to 0.8 g of protein per pound of bodyweight to provide your body with enough raw material to heal the damage caused by treatment for lung and liver cancer.
Good protein sources include chicken, beef, eggs, seafood, and turkey. Finally, provide your body with sufficient amounts of healthy fats — around 25 to 30 percent of your diet should consist of calories from fat. Healthy fat sources consist of nuts, oils, and seeds, along with those fruits that naturally contain fat like avocados.
Steps to Nutritional Guidance:
Maintaining a healthy body weight is vitally important when it comes lung and liver cancer have reached advanced stages.
Here, the focus shifts slightly. Aim to increase caloric intake to maintain body weight this can be done whilst implementing healthy nutritional changes.
Smoothies or Protein shakes are a great way to improve your nutrient intake. There are many ingredients you can add to these such as almond milk, two tablespoons of Organic Yogurt, blueberries, Quinoa flakes and Amarinth.
Healthy protein sources such as sweet potato, organic chicken and fish are needed for repair and rejuvenation of healthy tissue.
How to formulate a Diet that will Help Support Healing Your Liver from Cancer
By implementing changes with the foods that you eat this is the first step in helping you stay healthy and fight liver cancer. You must avoid food that might feed the cancer and make you sicker. Use these tips to create a liver cancer diet that will help you get better
Food As Your Medicine – Action Plan
1. Consume adequate calories by eating every couple of hours, protein is very important in assisting the body to recover and regenerate healthy cells. Loss of appetite is symptoms of liver cancer so just have small quantities every hour or two. You may experience nausea and abdominal pain so you won’t feel like eating; however it is important to eat to give your body every chance to fight the cancer.
2. Drink plenty of water, herbal teas especially white tea, dandelion tea, you will also find that coconut juice will aid digestion and healthy metabolism of food
3. Adequate protein intake is vital 90 – 120 grams per day; this needs to be 60% healthy nuts such as almonds, walnuts & Brazil nuts, beans, lentils, 40% fish and lean organic chicken.
4. Add flavour to your food in the way of garlic, onions and fresh herbs. These will improve the taste plus be supportive in your recovery. Chemotherapy and radiation can alter your taste buds. You can put the ingredients of garlic, onion and fresh herbs together as a marinade to meat, chicken, fish or vegetables this will help your food to taste better. An easy salad dressing is your infused Garlic oils either garlic, lemon, lime and so on.
5. Put healthy natural flavourings into your food this will not only make it taste yummy but it will also be better for you – like garlic, red capsicum, mild chilli, cumin, coriander, basil and onion. To make the meal more interesting and nutritional add to your dishes nuts such as almonds, walnuts, hazel nuts, brazil nuts (these can be ground or shredded and seeds such as pumpkin, sesame.
6. For additional flavour and zest adding lemon or lime juice, mango will be delicious
7. Daily vegetable juicing will help to keep your mineral and phosphate levels up, it will also help with adequate intake of vitamins. Vegetables should include; carrots, spinach, broccoli and spinach, for some additional flavour including a red apple and a pear is good. Vegetable or Bone Broths are a great way to get extra nutrition into your system. They are easy to swallow and also take little effort from your body to digest therefore allowing your body to recoup energy to heal.
8. Eat plenty of fresh fruit and raw vegetables to get healthy. These natural foods have plenty of vitamins.