Fennel, Apple & Cucumber Salad Recipe – Great Nutritional Benefits
Fennel, Apple and Cucumber Salad a Great Way to Enjoy the what is now commonly referred to as a Superfood Salad. That is full of Great Nutritional benefits & flavour!
Benefits to your Health
- Fennel is a Great source of Vitamin C and Beta Carotene. Along with the additional benefits of cucumber and apple. Fennel is known for its anti-inflammatory & antioxidant properties. As well as its balancing effects on blood sugar levels.
- Cucumbers are classed as one of the world’s healthiest foods containing vitamins A, B, C, D and E are all in a fresh cucumber. The antioxidant properties of cucumbers reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer
- Apples provide great health benefits that include improved digestion, prevention of stomach disorders, gallstones, constipation, liver disorders, anemia, diabetes, heart disease, rheumatism, eye disorders, a variety of cancers, and gout.
This is a great salad to include with a meal or to have on its own.
Fennel, Apple & Cucumber Salad
Serves 2 – 4 people
What you need:
- 1 x Lebanese Cucumber
- 1/2 to 1 Fennel bulb (depending on the size of the bulb)
- 1/2 cup of Mint
- 1 x Apple
- 1/2 Red or Brown onion finely sliced
- 1 – 2 teaspoons of Grated Lemon Rind
- 1 – 2 teaspoons of Dried Chilli Flakes
- 1 – 2 teaspoons of Ground Pepper
- The juice of one lemon
- 1 x Tablespoon of Organic Extra Virgin Olive oil
Use the Feathery leaves of the fennel bulb, otherwise known as dill for garnish
What to do:
- Slice Apple, Cucumber, Onion and Fennel bulb – Mix together and place in a salad bowl
- In a mixing bowl add lemon juice, lemon rind, ground pepper, dried chillie flakes and olive oil: Pour over salad mixture
- Break mint leaves off, of the stems and Break Feathery leaves off, of top of Fennel bulb – Sprinkle over your Salad
I made this for my husband and I the other night and cooked some sword fish. The sword fish I just cooked for 4 mins each side in some olive oil, garlic cloves and lemon juice.
Taste’s Great & is Great for You”
Considered to be one of the most influential figures in the history of medicine and healing, Hippocrates was ahead of his time when, around the year 400 B.C, he advised people to prevent and treat diseases first and foremost by eating a nutrient-dense diet based on Fresh, Whole foods.
The foods that you eat each day play a critical role in controlling inflammation levels, balancing blood sugar, regulating cardiovascular health (including blood pressure and cholesterol levels), helping the digestive organs to process and eliminate waste, and much, much more. Did you know that certain anti-inflammatory foods even contain powerful active ingredients that help control how your genes are expressed?
Because foods influence inflammation levels, blood sugar, energy, hormones, brain, and heart health, they truly do act like medicine once consumed. A healthy diet plays a role in how genes are expressed and can have a positive effect toward preventing disease, even when a disease may appear to be hereditary.
Medicinal foods to include in your daily diet, include all fresh vegetables and fruits, organ meats, grass-fed meats, healthy fats like coconut, nuts and seeds, sea vegetables and what are now being classed as superfoods like cocoa, papaya, spinach, kale, blueberries, broccoli, cooked tomatoes, oats, blackberries, garlic, brazil nuts, walnuts and black pepper.
Learn more about the Foods to Eat and Why with Easy to Follow Recipes in my eBook Eating to Live!
ADDITIONAL STEPS TO BUILD THE LIFE YOU WANT
Become a Community Member – A Great Place to Start Mastering your Health & your Life
Master a Life of Optimal Health, Happiness & Vitality is in essence is about providing you with a trusted and guided path to support you with understanding the concepts and changes necessary for taking charge of your health and ultimately your life. By Becoming a Community Member this is a Great Way to Get Started!