14 Easy Ways to Enhance the Quality of Your Life Improving Your Health Naturally!
14 Easy Ways to Enhance the Quality of Your Life
Improving Your Health Naturally!
Begin to Enhance the Quality of your Life by Improving your Health “Naturally”. Taking the steps today to build the life you want tomorrow begins with improving your health. Engaging with healthy, outdoor lifestyle habits, eating fresh fruit, vegetables everyday. Are the initial steps to building a life of Optimal Health, Happiness & Vitality. You are building the Foundations not just for your health but that of your family and friends. People will learn more from what you do, rather than what you say.
The Quality of your Life is Dependant on the Quality of your Health! There are three major investments to make in your life. The first one being your Health, the Second one being buying your own home, and the third but not least following your heart’s desire to Build the Life you want to live, How you want to be and become.
In this article I really want to impart to you, the importance for you to understand, that in order to live your best life, with the best quality, the key foundation for this success is dependent on the quality of your health.
This has always been a vitally important aspect of my life. Both Personally and Professionally. There is no magic potion or pill to give you a Lifetime of Optimal Health, Vitality and Energy. There is however some easy-to-follow steps that you can put into action with your life that will provide you with the support to live a healthy, happy and vibrant life, not just in the short-term but for your whole life.
To Enhance Life, means implementing areas into your life that will make you healthier, feel happier and more content.
14 Easy Ways to Enhance the Quality of Your Life & your Health!
- Take Time each day in Nature – Did you know that by going for a walk outdoors experiencing the wonders of nature will not only help you to live longer but also to feel better. A recent study has shown that people who live with gardens, trees and surrounded by green. Found that this reduced their risk of heart disease, dementia and extended the quality of their life by 12 percent. It has also been documented that spending time outdoors whether it be for a stroll through the park or a walk down the beach, improved people’s social engagement. This in turn improved relationships, because of the ability of improving feelings of happiness and contentment.
- Taking time away from mobile phones, internet and other mobile devices has been shown to improve focus and mental ability. Going for regular daily walks outdoors helps to improve the body’s ability to cope with stress, whilst improving your mood as many of the non-physical activities place an enormous toll on your body and the physical outdoor activities help to balance and restore.
- Choosing Foods that will Empower your Health – Changing your diet is the first and one of the simplest steps in bringing about improved health, vitality, quality of your life and life expectancy. Research and science is showing us know that by eliminating harmful processed foods, focusing on eating fresh, whole organic foods such as seafood, chicken, vegetables, fruit and legumes. Also fermented foods such as yogurt, kefir and Kombucha. It has been found that the longest and healthiest living people have a diet of these foods.
- Research has found that by including fresh fruit, vegetables, lean meat, chicken, fish, nuts and seeds into your daily diet. Will make vast improvements to your health, reduce risk of disease, increase and improve you independence, longevity.
- Foods that have been found to increase the risk of disease, rob you of vitality, quality of life and early death. Avoiding genetically modified and hydrogenated food oils such as canola oil, margarine, processed meats such as ham, bacon, sausages, salami, metwurst as these are known to increase your risk of cancer. Other areas that will decrease your quality of life and health are medications, antibiotics, illegal drugs, chemicals, farm raised seafood as these are riddled with harmful pollutants and pesticides.
- Intermittent Fasting – Intermittent fasting isn’t necessarily about going without food for days, it can be as easy as skipping lunch and just eating say fruit and drinking herbal teas for the day. If you are going to do this it is important to do on a day when you don’t have a lot to do. You will find this happens automatically when you are unwell, you won’t feel like eating. This is your body’s way of taking a rest from digesting food. It is working toward eliminating toxins, going into a fasting state. Giving your body a chance to repair and renew.
- Keeping Active – Keeping active doesn’t mean that you have to spend endless hours at the gym or run a marathon. But hey if that is what you want to do by all means go for it. There are many of the ageless, mature people going for this. However, if you get out there climb the stairs instead of taking the elevator, join a tennis, aerobic, yoga or cycling group, then you are going to reduce muscle aches and pain. Improve your agility, balance, heart, lung and circulation. Studies have shown that by including some form of specific activity 2 – 3 times per week lowered the risk of premature death whilst giving people an improved quality of life. Especially in senior years of life. Strength training is great for keeping muscle tone. You don’t have to do body building, but simple light weights can be used for upper arm and leg strength. Walking is great for leg and abdomen muscle strength.
- When you Finish Work: No Don’t Just Sit on the Couch – Did you know that if you have been sitting at a desk all day, this can be as harmful as going out for cigarette breaks. Not saying that it is OK to go for cigarette breaks. OMG NO!!! But the positives of with the sitting at a desk all day in comparison you can counteract the negative effects by bringing into play and hour of exercise per day. You do this either by going for a walk in the morning prior to work, parking further away from your workplace and walking the rest of the way. Going to the gym after work or if going for a walk when you have finished work. Also, throughout the day every 50 minutes go for a 5-minute walk either around the office, if there are stairs even better still, up and down the stairs. Do some stretching as well this helps to prevent your joints from becoming painful and sore from repetitious work. Stretch your arms, your neck, your shoulders, your wrists, your fingers, your legs, calves even your feet.
- Limit the Time you watch TV! It is all about balance their is nothing wrong with after a long day or a long week, after you have done your exercise to sit down and find a positive, feel-good movie on Netflix. But to use the television as your only form of relaxation and watching hours upon hours of it will dull your mind, increase your risk of developing blood clots especially around the lung area. If you decide to have a day on the weekend or your day off watching your favourite shows. Then make sure that you have breaks and do some push ups, leg squats and stretching. Choose a break to go out and do some gardening, mow the lawn or go for a walk.
- Surround Yourself with Positive People: You are a social being and need to have people in your life to develop all of your senses properly. Even though friends and family may well be irritating at times, by having them around will help you to feel better about yourself and it also helps you to have a better understanding of yourself because you have people who care about you to share you life with. To have strong meaningful social connections with people who have a genuine interest in you, your happiness and being a part of your life is one of the major keys to firstly wanting to live a life of longevity and the other key to living a happier life. Here is a link to support you with “Attracting Positive People into your Life”, this is vitally important for positive longevity. Often people are confused between a toxic friendship/relationship to that of a negative one. This is important to know – Read this article to learn more…not “Toxic” or engage in “Toxic Activities, behaviours or habits”. Staying connected to family and friends who have busy lives is much easier thanks to Social media in helping you to stay connected.
- Never Stop Learning! Intelligence isn’t always natural and even for the few people that it is, there are always things to learn. Reading books, learning new skills not only improves your mind but it also improves the way you see and feel about yourself. Learning can sometimes seem difficult especially as you become older, because somehow without realizing it, thoughts come into your head that either you can’t do it, you don’t need to learn that or maybe even a thought as serious as “I don’t need to learn that. So continue to learn no matter how slow, unnecessary or challenging it may be, because it is good for you and you will feel so much happier.
- Spice up Your Life! Did you know that adding some of the culinary spices to your eating will have a positive impact on your health. Lowering your risk of premature death, spices especially that of chilli has antimicrobial benefits therefore fighting against bacteria helping you to stay healthy. Add some of these spices such as cumin, coriander, cardamom, turmeric, cinnamon, sumac, ginger and chillie. Just to name a few. Add these to your vegetables your soups or even your smoothies. Here is a link for the recipe to my Inner Health Smoothie
- Volunteering your Services Being a part of something bigger than you gives you such an euphoric feeling because you are able to give something of yourself. Your skills, your knowledge, your time, warmth, caring and compassion. The positive benefits only occur when you volunteer because you want to without expectations, just because you can. If you volunteer because of self-indulgent reasons then the reverse will be true, this will bring about sadness and disappointment in your life.
- Don’t Lose Touch with the Bigger Picture Many people steer away from religion and religious beliefs. However, it has been founded that those who held onto the belief of the base that these beliefs provided in adhering to a life of balance, happiness and health were significantly happier with life. I am not saying you have to go to church or believe in religion as such, but to believe in the bigger picture that there is something or someone bigger than you. That has created and put this world together. That there are some simple rules to follow that will keep you safe and your life happier. With the understanding that it is all about doing “No Harm” whether that be to yourself or anyone else.
Easy Steps to Bring Health, Happiness & Vitality into your Life
As you can see there are some relatively simple and natural ways to improve your health, your life and in turn helping you to live a better quality of life.
- Changing the Foods that you Eat
- Keeping Active: Regular Daily Exercise – No matter how old you are.
- Don’t Become a couch potato
- You don’t need a lot of people in your life: But you do need people – Positive, Caring and Loving people.
- Give of your time, your services and your talents without expectation
- Don’t lose touch with the Bigger Picture in Life
Master a Life of Optimal Health: Happiness & Vitality
Professional Evidence -Based Knowledge
Receive Weekly Insights & Guidance
To Live your Best Life
Don’t Miss the Next Issue!
I invite you to subscribe to my Free Weekly Newsletter that my clients, subscribers and members have been looking forward to each week for over 20 years.
What People say – “Thank you, Julie I find your Newsletter gives me inspiration to stay on the path”. “Julie, I don’t know how you knew I needed this information”.
I design my Newsletters to share insights, guidance and strategies that will help with every day and serious health issues, that people have presented me with over the years, seeking advice and what they can do.