Health or a level of Health is different for each person: how each of you view your life and what you want for and from life.
Health isn’t just a matter of not getting sick, you may well know of many people whom abuse their bodies, yet seem to not get sick.
This abuse may well go on for many years before the body says “Enough is Enough”
And then “Suddenly” or “Not so Suddenly” really because the body has been, being damaged this whole time to reaching a point of no return.
Staying Optimally Healthy is all about Treating the body in the best way possible, even when you do become sick or get a cold that will give your body the nutrients and support to become well.
But what healthy? What does a person who wants to be healthy do? If you are person who is wanting to be described as healthy then you will want to take care of yourself. You will not want to smoke, take drugs or even prescribed medications, not want to drink excessive amounts of alcohol. Other obvious things that you will work on when wanting to be healthy is eating food that is fresh including plenty of vegetables, fruit, meat that is organic or may want to avoid meat altogether. Another area of maintaining and obtaining health is in exercising on a regular basis.
When the body is abused with drugs, cigarette smoking, alcohol abuse, poor or inadequate diet, certain medications. The body still may seem to recover from the cold, flu or health problem. But in the process will slowly deteriorate as the lack of care and abusive habits or behaviours will continue to tax the body.
This will leading to serious health problems/disease where organs within your body will no longer be able to function effectively. Examples of this is diabetes, Alzheimers, heart disease, kidney disease as you know the list goes on.
But this doesn’t have to be the norm if you engage in habits that are going to support your health:
Obtaining and Maintaining Health will be achieved over a Lifetime of Daily changes that you put into place. By knowing how you want live and be in the world.
Learning to understand, appreciate and assist your body in the best way possible to obtain Optimal Health for your life. Optimal Health being the Key to Ageless Aging.
So what is the best way possible – Understanding these 9 Key elements of what your body needs to function and overcome ill-health
- Rest when you get tired – “Stop” and allow your body to rest & recuperate. Sleep is a vital component to both a healthy body and a healthy mind
- Nutrition – Eat fresh nourishing foods such as lots of vegetables of fruit combined with a minimal amount of animal protein. Simple ways to include more fruit and vegetables into your day. Enjoy fruit as a snack for an easy breakfast on the way to work.
- Live a life of moderation, not excesses. This doesn’t mean that life has to be boring quite the opposite because when you are healthy you will have the energy and vitality to enjoy your friend.
- Enjoy Life long positive friendships of people whom live functional lives caring for themselves, their families and their friends. If you have someone who doesn’t respect or appreciate their body, their life then they are not going to respect or appreciate yours.
- Eliminate negative habits, thoughts are lifestyle choices. Don’t be afraid to ask for HELP!!!! Looking for support to move past your current situation, sometimes just that right word of encouragement or belief in you is just what you need. Also the understanding that you aren’t alone going through certain situations or difficult times is enough.
- Learn – Never stop learning better ways to take care of yourself: How to change and most importantly what you want to change.
- Stand up for yourself: Don’t allow people to encourage you to do things that you know are going to be bad or detrimental to your health and wellbeing. Learning to say “NO” is vital for your health and also for healthy relationships.
- Changing your Thoughts, Foods and People whom will serve you WELL (Well being the optimal word here). The people who love you the most are not always the people who do the most for you, but allow you to work through your challenging moments believing that you can and will do this.
- Being physically active: Research is telling us that being sedentary is so bad for you when it comes to keeping all of your body functioning optimally, movement is vital important. It keeps your heart pumping well, circulation going strong, brain and nerve function is optimal not to mention all of your other organs within your body as well. Simple ways to be active everyday: Go for a walk, vacuum the house, walk to the shops, mow the lawns, wash the windows, hang out the washing – just a bit of pace to these chores and it will also boost your heart rate. I prefer to do things on my own, but if you find this difficult join a walking group or a dance class.