Coronavirus: 6 Essential Steps for
Prevention & Recovery! Important to Know!
Corona Viruses are still lurking around, in various forms. Not to worry there are 9 Essential Steps that you need to know that play a vital role in prevention and recovery.
Understanding what Coronaviruses are. They are a group of viruses that infect mammals and birds. In humans, the viruses cause respiratory infections which are typically mild including the common cold but rarer forms like SARS and MERS can be more severe.
There are no approved vaccines or antiviral drugs for prevention or treatment. However, these 9 essential steps outlined in this article, will be of great assistance to help you with prevention and recovery.
6 Essential Steps for Prevention & Recovery
Dr. Yuen Kwok Yung, a highly respected doctor in Hong Kong during the previous SARS period gave the following advice in a speech yesterday advising people how to cope, prevent and recover from the “Coronavirus”
1. If going on a flight, or public transport it can be beneficial to you wear a mask.
2. Always wash your hands, have antiseptic cleanser or towel readily available.
3. The virus “Coronavirus” is similar type of virus like the previous SARS or MERS. This time it is OC43. There is still no known medical method of tackling this virus.
4. Going to a market or crowded place it can be beneficial to wear a mask.
5. It has been announced that this virus can be very serious and sometimes fatal. However, as the virus is found to be able to enter your body if your throat or throat mucous is dry, the one precaution that is suggested is to ensure your throat or throat mucous is always in a moist condition. In fact, they suggest not to allow your throat to become dry, as in 10 minutes of being dry, the virus will find ways to enter your body. So do not refrain from drinking water, always have a bottle of filtered water to drink.
- For adults, they suggest drinking 50-80cc of warm water; for children 30-50cc. Just drink if you feel your throat is dry. Do not hesitate. 30-50cc） However drinking more than the amount recommended is not necessary, as it will just want to pass through your system. The idea is to “Keep your Throat Constantly Moist”
6. Avoid eating deep-fried food, Packaged, Processed Foods, replacing these with Fresh, Whole Foods, especially those with high levels of Vitamin C such as citrus fruits, kiwi fruit, capsicum. Enjoy the relief from a sore throat with a freshly squeezed lemon drink, with hot water and honey.
Additional Guidance for Prevention & Recovery
Take Charge of Your Health, Your Happiness & Your Life. Beginning with Eating Healthy Fresh Foods, Being Grateful, Loving, Kind to yourself and others
- Take fresh garlic 2 – 4 Large cloves per day either cut into quarters and swallow like a tablet or add to a smoothie.
- Wash your hands regularly and don’t put them near your face or mouth.
- Eat plenty of fresh foods such as vegetables and fruit. Eat organic yoghurt each day this will help your immune system by assisting healthy digestion.
- Add 1 – 2 Teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar in a glass of water and have 2 glasses per day between meals.
Incubation: Exposure & Symptoms
As per Dr. ANUVITHA KAMATH, Covid 19 or SARS-CoV-2 disease. The incubation period is 2 to 14 days. That is, a person exposed to the COVID-19-causing virus can get the disease within 2 to 14 days after the exposure.
People with Covid present with symptoms of influenza-like illness such as fever, headache, body pain, cold, and cough. The disease can be mild, moderate, or severe. The mild symptoms of covid 19 are contagious for about 5 to 10 days and can spread the disease to others if not kept under isolation for these days.
People with moderate to severe stage disease are contagious for about 19 to 21 days. And hence isolation and quarantine are necessary to prevent the spread of the virus. It can be dangerous because it can lead to cytokine storm, severe respiratory illness with respiratory failure, pneumonia, acute respiratory distress syndrome, liver injury, acute cardiac injury, disseminated intravascular coagulation, kidney failure, secondary infection, bleeding disorders, multiorgan failure, and septic shock.
An Important Read for Prevention & Recovery
How to Best Support a Super Immune System
Summary updates are available on CDC’s web page 2019 Novel Coronavirus, Wuhan, China.