A quick, healthy and tasty meal for the whole family. Can be eaten as a vegetarian dish adding Tofu or Chickpeas, or you can include chicken or fish. It’s gluten free helps support a healthy heart, circulatory and vascular system. Suitable for people suffering from digestive disorders. A Quick, Easy Healthy dish to serve for the whole family
Nutritional Benefits of this dish
- Vitamin D
- Antioxidant & anti-inflammatory helping to prevent cancer and joint problems
- Low GI
- Healthy daily source of Protein & Carbohydrates
- Helps to relieve symptoms of gout
- Heart healthy
- Immune support
Cooking time – Vegetarian version 15 mins
If you are to add any meat or fish protein cook separately and add to dish
Serve 4 – 6 people
800g button mushrooms, trimmed
8 sprigs fresh thyme
100ml olive oil
1 cup raw cashews
1 tbs honey
2 tbs sesame seeds
180g semi dried tomatoes
100g baby spinach leaves
1 tbs red wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven and a large roasting pan to 220°C fan forced. Add the mushrooms to the hot pan. Add the thyme and drizzle over 2 tbs of the olive oil, shake the pan to coat all the mushrooms. Roast 15 minutes or until the mushrooms are just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and the cashews, cook, shaking the pan for 3-4 minutes until cashews light golden. Add the honey and sesame seeds and toss gently to coat. Remove cashews to a tray lined with baking paper to cool.
- Add the cashews, tomatoes and spinach to the mushrooms. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoon olive oil, vinegar, mustard and salt and pepper in a screw-top jar, shake to combine. Pour the dressing over the mushroom salad and toss gently to combine.
Add any previously cooked chicken, meat or fish. You can also serve this dish on a bed of pasta or rice. Cook pasta or rice according to the packet and place on dish then top with Cashew, Spinach and Mushroom bake.