Cashew, Spinach & Mushroom Bake Recipe
7 Amazing Heart: Health Benefits
Healthy Eating has never been easier or less expensive with this Yummy, Cashew, Spinach and Mushroom Bake Recipe. A quick, healthy and tasty meal for the whole family. Can be eaten as a vegetarian dish adding Tofu or Chickpeas, or you can include chicken or fish. It’s gluten free helps support a healthy heart, circulatory and vascular system. Suitable for people suffering from digestive disorders. A Quick, Easy Healthy dish to serve for the whole family
Nutritional Benefits of this Yummy, Meal
- Vitamin D
- Antioxidant & anti-inflammatory helping to prevent cancer and joint problems
- Low GI
- Healthy daily source of Protein & Carbohydrates
- Helps to relieve symptoms of gout
- Heart healthy
- Immune support
Cooking time – Vegetarian version 15 mins
If you are to add any meat or fish protein cook separately and add to dish
Serve 4 – 6 people
800g button mushrooms, trimmed
8 sprigs fresh thyme
100ml olive oil
1 cup raw cashews
1 tbs honey
2 tbs sesame seeds
180g semi dried tomatoes
100g baby spinach leaves
1 tbs red wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven and a large roasting pan to 220°C fan forced. Add the mushrooms to the hot pan. Add the thyme and drizzle over 2 tbs of the olive oil, shake the pan to coat all the mushrooms. Roast 15 minutes or until the mushrooms are just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and the cashews, cook, shaking the pan for 3-4 minutes until cashews light golden. Add the honey and sesame seeds and toss gently to coat. Remove cashews to a tray lined with baking paper to cool.
- Add the cashews, tomatoes and spinach to the mushrooms. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoon olive oil, vinegar, mustard and salt and pepper in a screw-top jar, shake to combine. Pour the dressing over the mushroom salad and toss gently to combine.
Add any previously cooked chicken, meat or fish. You can also serve this dish on a bed of pasta or rice. Cook pasta or rice according to the packet and place on dish then top with Cashew, Spinach and Mushroom bake.
Food is your Best Line of Defence to obtain, maintain & overcome Ill-health and Disease
Making Healthy Eating a Lifestyle Choice
Making Healthy Eating a Lifestyle Choice is important to maintain a Optimal Quality of Life. Eating Healthy is about consuming a well-balanced selection of fresh, wholesome foods that will provide your body with essential nutrients to perform all of it activities, including protection, healing from ill-health and disease.
Combining this will regular physical activity, refraining from negative habits such as smoking, drugs, excessive consumption of alcohol, minimizing consumption of processed, packaged and fast foods. This being the foundation of living a lifetime of Optimal Health, Happiness and Vitality.
Healthy Eating is about Consuming the Best Foods
That will support Optimal Health: Energy & Vitality
- Simple carbohydrates such as Quinoa, Oats, Buckwheat, Bananas, Sweet Potatoes, Beetroot Oranges, Blueberries, Grapefruit and Apples.
- High-quality proteins – Lean Red Meat, Chicken without the skin, Fish, Beans, Lentils, Seeds and Nuts.
- Heart-healthy fats – Avocado, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Salmon, Trout, Sardines and Tuna
- Foods high in essential vitamins, minerals – Avocados, eggs, nuts, seeds, dark green vegetables, fish, berries, legumes, dark chocolate, kefir yogurt, coconut yogurt, goats cheese and goats feta cheese.
Further support for Optimizing your
Health & Nutrition
Join my Free Community Membership
Learn More about How to Make Healthy Food Changes that will Benefit YOU! Receive Regular Newsletters for Professional, Evidence-based Guidance and Support that will help you with Living your Best, Healthiest and Happiest Life.
Master a Life of Optimal Health: Happiness & Vitality
Professional Evidence -Based Knowledge
Receive Weekly Insights & Guidance
To Live your Best Life
Don’t Miss the Next Issue!
I invite you to subscribe to my Free Weekly Newsletter that my clients, subscribers and members have been looking forward to each week for over 20 years.
What People say – “Thank you, Julie I find your Newsletter gives me inspiration to stay on the path”. “Julie, I don’t know how you knew I needed this information”.
I design my Newsletters to share insights, guidance and strategies that will help with every day and serious health issues, that people have presented me with over the years, seeking advice and what they can do.