Caring for Yourself is the Best way of Achieving Optimal Health, Beauty, Happiness and Vitality. Naturally Care for yourself with this Turmeric Face Mask for Healthy Glowing Skin. This is one of my favourite ways of self-care is Regularly having a bubble bath and apply this Amazing Turmeric Face Mask with the additional benefits of yoghurt, lemon, honey and egg white. This is just the best for Healthy, Glowing Skin.
Turmeric, traditionally known as Indian saffron because of its deep yellow-orange color. It has been used throughout history as a condiment and textile dye. Turmeric also provides amazing health benefits when it comes to supporting your body in preventing and overcoming disease. The use of Turmeric in the form of a Face Mask and also a teaspoon can be added to your bath, will purify and deep cleanse your skin from harmful chemicals leaving feeling soft, smooth, looking healthy and is great to use to prevent the signs of premature ageing.
Turmeric Supporting Healthy Skin
Turmeric has been found to be a great support with healing skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, dry skin, minimizing or preventing wrinkles, dark circles under the eyes, blemishes and helps to reduce pigmentation restoring even skin tone. It has been found to reduce inflammation in the skin, due to being high in antioxidants and slowing down cellular damage
Why Turmeric is so Healthy
Turmeric has shown significant anti-inflammatory activity because of its volatile oil and its yellow or orange pigment, which is called curcumin. Curcumin, a phytonutrient, contains anti-inflammatory abilities that have been shown to be comparable to many drugs on the market today, but unlike drugs, curcumin produces no toxicity.
A turmeric face mask is excellent for exfoliating dead skin cells, inground dirt and deep cleansing. This being important for healthy, ageless skin. The Turmeric Mask Recipe I have for you below also includes the healing and restorative benefits of honey, yogurt, lemons and firming benefits of egg whites. However, it is important to note that some people have reported allergic reactions to turmeric after skin exposure. I recommend testing on a small area of your skin first. Only use the recommended amount of Turmeric as it can stain the skin, when removing the mask treatment use a natural cleanser. Also do not get Turmeric on your clothing as once again it will stain. .
Turmeric Face Mask for Glowing Skin
Total Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 1–2 applications
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of organic, raw, local honey
- ½ teaspoon yogurt
- [optional] 1 drop lemon essential oil or fresh lemon juice for additional removal of dead skin cells and balancing skin tone
- 1 egg white improves muscle tone
- Wash face and hands first to remove impurities and any make-up.
- In a small bowl or jar, mix the turmeric powder with the honey, apple cider vinegar, egg white, yogurt and optional lemon oil. Try to get a consistency that will stick to your face. Be careful not to make it too thin as it may drip.
- Apply the mask carefully avoiding your eyes.
- Allow the mask sit on your face for 15–20 minutes then rinse with warm water.
- If you have any leftover, you can cover and leave in the fridge for your next application.
- Apply twice a week for best results.