What this YUMMY!!!!! Soup will do for YOU
Butternut Fennel, Ginger & Garlic Soup with added benefits of turmeric. This delicious soup will not only warm the cockles of your heart it will improve your circulation, support healthy immune function, circulation, help you to overcome – colds, flu, Hayfever and sinus infections.
A Great comfort food that will support a healthier YOU!!!
It will nurture your very Soul offering You additional Benefits of supporting Weight loss, Healthy Liver and Supporting Healthy Detoxification.
The mild spices have a Balancing effect on the Circulation and the Heart.
Let’s start Cooking
1/4 -1/2 tsp.. Black Pepper
½ – 1 Butternut Pumpkin
2 tsp. Fennel Seeds
2 tsp. Grated Fresh Turmeric
5 cloves Chopped Garlic
2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
2 tsp. Grated Fresh Ginger
1 Lime squeezed, also add grated rind from the lime
2 onions chopped
2 tsp. Massel Chicken or Organic Chicken Stock or 1 litre if Liquid stock
2 litres of Filtered water or cover vegetables with water for a thicker soup
- Roast the butternut pumpkin and horseradish in the oven at 200 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove and let cool. The skin will peel off easily with a potato peeler after roasting. When it cools, chop the butternut squash into cubes.
- Heat coconut and olive oil in a large stock pot. Add diced onions, turmeric, ginger and garlic to pan then sauté until lightly golden. Add pepper and fennel seeds. Add the butternut pumpkin, horseradish stirring through, now add stock and water: if using liquid stock you may only need 1 litre of filtered water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes. Then mash with a potato masher, or puree in a blender. Squeeze the juice of half a lime into the finished soup.
- Serve hot with some wonderful wholegrain or spelt bread!
Garnish with some chopped chives or dill
For More Yummy Recipes & Nutritional support –
You can download my Ebook: Eating to Live
You will learn –
- How to make “Food Your Best Friend” “Not Your Worst Enemy”
- The Foods to eat to prevent or overcome ill health and disease and how they will work for you
- What you eat, how you eat and whom you eat with, makes all the difference to the enjoyment of your food
With Easy, Delicious recipes for the whole family