- Boosts your Creativity,
- Balances your Mind,
- Restores Energy and Improves the way you Feel
You have probably noticed how spending a day at or near the water makes you feel more relaxed, rested, and re-energized. These feelings are real, not just in your head. Scientific research confirms that when you spend time by the water, your brain changes. Your mind is put into a restful almost hypnotic space, thanks to the soothing smells and sounds of the water. Researchers refer to this as “blue space.”
Why Bringing Balance to your Emotions is Important
Bringing Balance to your Emotions is important for a Healthy and Happy Life. Emotions such as sadness, fear and anger become causes of disease when they are allowed to take over your mind, and you do not recognize them for what they are and bring about a balanced understanding toward them. Under normal circumstances, they are not a cause of disease. Hardly any human being can avoid being angry, sad, aggrieved, worried, or afraid at some time in his or her life but those states will not lead to long lasting disharmony. The emotions become causes of disease only when they are either long-lasting, or very intense.
- Boosts creativity – Being in a blue space makes you more creative, because it allows your brain to become relaxed.
Being in this dreamy space allows your imagination to come to life. This doesn’t happen in the middle of a busy or chaotic day. To feel balanced and receive enjoyment from the business in your life it is vitally important to allow your brain to recharge in this way.
- Alleviates stress – Either by putting your toes in the water, or going for a swim. Helps to relieve stress and boosts your mood due to the naturally occurring positive ions in the water. These positive ions not to mention to minerals found in water, especially sea water. Have a regulating effect on the negative ions given off by appliances used on a regular basis, that can leave you feeling angry, anxious and overworked.
- Reduces depression – The sounds of the waves puts you into a meditative state. This has been associated with reducing depression and improving mental clarity.
- Improves your Perspective on the World & with People: There is a certain magic that changes your perspective to life putting your mind into a more positive state – You are embracing the perfection of life itself. Being where you are surrounded by beautiful scenery, the sounds of the water. Enjoying the simple the presence of nature is incredibly soothing to the soul. It reminds you of the larger picture of life, that life in itself is very stable. The sun rising and falling each day. The birds awakening, the fish swimming and just the presence of air itself the very vital ingredient that is instrumental to life itself.
- Improves your Intelligence – with the changing of these positive processes within your mind, this allows for expansion of your thinking, improving your capacity to learn.
Emotional balance and resilience is developed by incorporating a variety of support mechanisms that prevent emotions from having a negative effect on your health, your relationships and your life. Developing Emotional balance and resilience is about identifying the emotions that are being felt in the moment, and recognizing them, without being overwhelmed or overpowered by them.