5 Steps to Become Happier Right Now by
Releasing the Need to Achieve
Health & Happiness Go Hand in Hand
Are Chronic Obesity and Serious Health Issues a Result of the constant need to achieve, do better, causing undue stress, unhappiness, deprivation of time to care for yourself, your family. This being a reason for the increase in Take-away, Junk, Processed and Packaged meals. Lack of physical activity and an increase in destructive life habits, that exacerbates when you are under continual stress, from not being happy with yourself and your situation.
When you feel happy, you want to be healthy, engaging in healthy activities, and eating healthy foods. It is easy to see in today’s climate that a great deal of people aren’t happy. As we are continuing to see the increase of obesity and chronic disease.
In this article I will guide you through the understanding of the importance of Releasing the need to achieve, with 5 steps that will help you to become happier and healthier. Letting go of your need to achieve, isn’t about letting go of your goals and your dreams, it’s about recalibrating your life to ensure that you can achieve your goals and dreams.
Evidence of People’s need to
Bring Happiness Back into their Lives!
In 2017–18, 2 in 3 (67%) Australian Adults aged 18 and over were overweight, many being obese, leading toward morbid obesity. Statistics showed that out of this 67% (36% were overweight, and 31% were obese). That’s around 12.5 million adults. Men had higher rates of being overweight and obese.
And even more alarming is these statistics with children and adolescents.
In 2017–18, 1 in 4 (25%) children and adolescents aged 2–17 were overweight or obese (an estimated 1.2 million children and adolescents). Of all children and adolescents aged 2–17, 17% were overweight but not obese, and 8.2% were obese. Rates varied across age groups but were similar for males and females.
Why such Unhappiness?
Unhappiness creeps into your when you allow, stress, anger, insecurity, unhealed trauma, frustration, low self-esteem, poor health, inadequate nutrition, feelings of not belonging or being able to connect with people, especially with the people you love. When you find it difficult to understand your life’s purpose and not being able to bring meaning to your life.
These are all quite normal and common feelings, that everyone suffers, including myself from time to time. They tend to heighten and become worse when a crisis or something unpleasant is happening within our lives.
The secret here in moving away from such unhappiness, is not in trying to be perfect, or worrying about eliminating everything in your life that can cause unhappiness, sadness or grief. Because frankly this isn’t possible, and you will never grow and strengthen as a person and will still not be able to enjoy any level happiness in your life.
It is also important, not to ignore or make excuses for any causative factors of unhappiness, as this will continue to fuel the unhappiness and can be hurtful to other people in your life. What is important is to recognize and rise above these feelings, by learning how you can contribute to your own unhappiness, implementing changes that will improve your level of happiness, balance your emotions, having a significant effect on your health and wellbeing.
A Major cause of this unhappiness today, is that you are living in a constant stream of what success and happiness is supposed to look like. You are constantly being bombarded with what great achievements look like and levels of expectations of what you have done or are doing with your life. The first step to becoming “Happier” right now is by “Releasing your need to Achieve”. Don’t worry you are not going to go into a life of complacency or hibernation, quite the opposite, you are going to be taking a closer look at what happiness and success looks like for you. Learning how to define and achieve your own level of success, your goals and dreams.
Success – Life Balance and Happiness
Success is something that is quite different for each person as are their achievements. It is meant to be different as are we all with our very own little quirks, skills and differences. It is what makes the world go round, giving each of us a reason for living.
What happens when you allow Success to define YOU!
What happens when you allow these perimeters to engulf your life, you will always feel like:
- You are not good enough
- You are haven’t got enough
- You haven’t done enough
- You’re Not Intelligent enough
- No-one loves you
- It’s all too hard
And the list can just go on with those negative, disempowering thoughts that enter your head. It will have you constantly working to meet what you think or believe to be other people’s expectations and perception of you. This will lead to unhappiness, depression, anxiety, anger, indulging in destructive habits, behaviours, jealousy, poor eating habits and even to the great sadness for many, suicides.
Your life is a lifelong process of learning, changing and growing to become the person YOU, Want to Become. Not what someone else expects or you think expects from you. By releasing the need to constantly achieve will allow you to take a step back to firstly enjoy where you are, to be happy with who you are, where you are and the people who are in your life.
It is important to have people in your life that make you want to become a “Better Person”, encouraging you to follow your positive goals and dreams. Who allow you to be True to yourself, not to bring harm to yourself, but encouraging your self-confidence and your ability to succeed. Allowing you to make your own way, in your time and at a pace that is comfortable for you.
Looking Now at What you can Do for YOU!
5 Steps to Become Happier Right Now by Releasing the Need to Achieve!
Releasing the need to achieve isn’t about never having accomplished, succeeded or achieved anything in your life. Releasing the need to achieve is about removing the external influences placed on you of what may be unrealistic or not relevant to you. No truly Great person ever began with the need to achieve, you’ll often hear them saying things like – “I never expected this to happen”. It is about following your desires, your goals and most of all being happy with you and who you are.
- Gratitude: Be grateful for each little aspect of your life. It has been a constant reminder to me throughout the years that until you are grateful for who you are, where you are and whom you are with, you will not move forward. When you become grateful the flow of life becomes much easier.
- Push past your Comfort Zone: To push past your comfort zone doesn’t mean to do things that bring about harm or necessarily discomfort. It is bringing into place a belief in yourself that you are good enough and if what you are wanting to do will complement the life that you have now. So if it is learning a new skill, or meeting a new friend or taking on a new task that you know will provide you with a feeling of satisfaction and joy then go ahead.
- Replace Negative Thoughts with Positive One’s: Negative thought processes come into play every day of your life, the thoughts that you aren’t achieving enough or doing enough are just one of the many of these negative thought processes. This is where having a goal or a plan for your day with 2 – 3 things that are important to you and your life to do is important. It helps prevent you from getting into the negative thought process that you haven’t achieved enough. At the end of the day when you have completed the 2 – 3 priorities you had in place you will feel happy with yourself, giving you the courage and confidence that you are good enough.
- Remain Focused: Ensure your reasons for doing things remain in alignment and focus with what you truly value, what you believe is your purpose and the vision you want for your life. The type of person you want to be and how you want others to see you, not how you think they should see you. If people don’t love you when you are poor, they aren’t going to love you anymore when you are rich, they will just pretend they do.
- Keep it Simple: All in all, life is pretty simple and to be happy can be as simple as having a roof over your head, a warm bed to sleep in, food to eat and genuine people to love and who love you. The rest you just make up as you go.
“Don’t Forget to Stop and Smell the Roses”
9 Ways to Become Creative with your Life –
Master a Life of Optimal Health: Happiness & Vitality
Professional Evidence -Based Knowledge
Receive Weekly Insights & Guidance
To Live your Best Life
Don’t Miss the Next Issue!
I invite you to subscribe to my Free Weekly Newsletter that my clients, subscribers and members have been looking forward to each week for over 20 years.
What People say – “Thank you, Julie I find your Newsletter gives me inspiration to stay on the path”. “Julie, I don’t know how you knew I needed this information”.
I design my Newsletters to share insights, guidance and strategies that will help with every day and serious health issues, that people have presented me with over the years, seeking advice and what they can do.