8 Steps to Build Relationships that will Bring out the Best in You!
The Key to How Attracting and Interacting with Positive people and How this will Change your Life is about engaging with People – Who want the Best for You & Will bring out the Best in You: Who believe in you and have you wanting to be a better person because of them. Making it clear here that it is not about the “Quantity of Friends” that you are going to have in your life. But the “Quality” by this I don’t mean Financial, Professional or Societal Status.
A Good Friend is someone who will walk beside you, who is Honest, will not do you harm or want harm to come to you in any shape or form. May not always agree with what you do, but will always tell you why. They are people who are working toward – Building a Life of Integrity, Loyalty and are Committed to always “Being True to Themselves & to YOU!”
Clarity & Definition of Good Friendships
Healthy, Positive Friendships for a Healthy Positive Life
Whilst reading through this I want you not to just envisage your friends but to put these principles together with building positive relationships with your parents and other family members as well.
Always to remember that even though you are related to someone they have a different path and it is OK for them to be very different.
They will be the ones who will encourage you to follow your dreams, not be frightened to tell you if think you might be off track, will understand that it is normal to make mistakes and allowing you to learn from them.
They will deter you from negative habits and encourage you in positive ones. They will love you because you are you. Not for what you have, do or accomplish. They will be there for the journey. To share your challenges and your successes. To just BE: Enjoying the Moment of Being in One Another’s Lives.
Learn 8 Steps to Building Positive Relationships
with Family & Friends that will help “Bring out the Best in You”
Choosing quality over quantity friendships, is a major key to helping and supporting you to achieve your core desires, dreams and goals. Staying true to your values whilst building a Life of Optimal Health, Happiness and Vitality
- Don’t Seek to be Understood, Seek to Understand: When you dig deep into understanding your feelings and your reactions. How you want to be treated and how you want to be with people. This gives you the first step into developing positive friendships
- Be Positive- “Be Solution Driven – Not Problem Driven”: Being positive doesn’t mean walking around with rose coloured glasses because things will go wrong. There will be upsets sometimes even arguments. It means to look for something good in the situation, person or event. Don’t allow yourself to think the worst. Look to find a solution to the problem or to just disagree to disagree.
- Be Real, Be Honest: See things how they are: Not worse than they are or Better than they are, but How they are: This gives you a strong base to work from to move your life and relationships in a positive direction.
- Don’t Gossip -“Never to lie about someone or embellish the Truth”: Gossiping, putting people down is one of the best ways to detract positive friendships. So no getting off, on other people’s hardships, just allow it to be.
- Never Lie: Lying is just such a turn off for a positive relationship because if there is a problem and you are lying about it, then it can’t be solved. With trust being a major component to attracting positive people into your life. Lying will certainly sabotage that. If there is something that you don’t want to speak about, just don’t say anything.
- Don’t Compare Yourself or Your Life with your Friends: Your life with someone else’s. The only time that this can be healthy is if someone is doing or achieving something that you would like to achieve. Then knowing that if they can do it so can you. Otherwise enjoy the differences in one another’s lives.
- Care for You: Yes take care of yourself, be your best friend. Love yourself unconditionally, eat healthy nutritious foods, take charge of your emotions and thoughts to bring about feelings of gratitude, love and warmth into your life.
- Don’t Take on other People’s Problems: This can sometimes be a difficult one, especially with family, spouses, children and so on. But an absolutely necessary one to develop positive friendships. Because you may have well worked through what they are going through, feeling really able to help. But unless they ask for this, JUST LISTEN. Then just allow it to be!