Begin your Journey to Achieving Optimal Health, Happiness and Vitality by following these 7 Tips to Prepare yourself for Giving up Smoking. You are an Intelligent, Beautiful Person who deserves to Live a Life of Optimal Health, Yet if you continue with this Habit you know that, that Dream will not be Possible.
It will be by following these steps that will help you to get into the right Frame of Mind to give up smoking. One of the major steps toward this Goal is to firstly visualize yourself as a non-smoker: Realizing the absolute addiction to this substance -Saying to yourself that a cigarette will NEVER pass your lips again and that you are a NON-SMOKER. Say these two things to yourself as many times a day as necessary and for as long as necessary. The decision has to be to go “Cold Turkey”, this is the quickest and only way to get the nicotine out of your system. It is the End to Feeding the Addiction.
Congratulations on the Decision to Quit!!!
7 Steps to Begin Your New Life as a Non-Smoker!!!
- Make a Date: Yes as you would for any other must do task on your calendar
- Plan for the Date: Wash and clean everything that looks or even smells like cigarettes. The Car, house, your wardrobe.
- Get Friends & Family on Board: Communicate your decision, clarifying the importance of their support for you making this decision. If there is anyone who is not totally supportive you may either have to delete them from your life, or if that isn’t totally possible distance your relationship for a while until you feel comfortable and confident in your decision to become a non-smoker.
- Have Positive Strategies: To avoid becoming sucked back into smoking change the way you do things. For example if you normally have a cigarette when you have a coffee or glass of wine. Then either go without these for a couple of months until you can cope, or have some roasted almonds or walnuts to have with them. If you are feeling stressed go for a walk, take deep breaths and drink plenty of water.
- Avoid People who Smoke: This is vitally important especially in the early stages of becoming a non-smoker. If you have a husband, partner, and wife or adult children living with you who are smokers then you will have to ask them to refrain from smoking inside or anywhere is close proximity to the house or in the car. When I say close proximity to the house I mean under front or back verandas.
- Vitamin Supplements: About a week or even two before making the decision to become a non-smoker get yourself a liquid B supplement and some homoeopathic drops for nerve support. The tissue salt Kali Phos is great for stress and anxiety and works well. These will be available through your pharmacy or health shop. Plus drink lots of water.
- See yourself as a Non-Smoker: It is vitally important to see yourself as a non-smoker. Clarifying the reasons why you want to be a non-smoker such as you want to smell nice, you want to have great skin, you want to live your life free from disease related illness associated with smoking such as emphysema, lung cancer, heart attacks, and heart disease.
Benefits you will notice almost immediately:
- You will smell better
- You will feel better about yourself as you have taken control
- Within a few days the nicotine will be out of your system, therefore the withdrawal symptoms will have ceased. It is now just putting positive habits and strategies into place. You may well want to join a gym, a walking group or go swimming at the pool.
- You will be financially better off by about $100 per week that is $5,200 per year. Book a holiday that you have always wanted. Keep Going You will Never Look Back!!!!!
Read Next: Take Charge of your Life and Habits
Now for the Next Step – Purchase & Download my eBook: Why Can’t I Give up Smoking
You may well find this hard to believe but you do not have to be a genius or in any way super intelligent to Quit smoking. Whilst quitting smoking is actually a relatively simple process that anyone can manage to accomplish. It is about bringing yourself to make the decision, that to quit smoking and to stay free from smoking is as simple as telling yourself, that you are a non-smoker and never want to see another cigarette.