A Great Place to start to Renewed Energy and Vitality begins Building Positive & Constructive Habits that will serve you well. Beginning with the Food you eat. This being the Core Foundation for Renewing your Energy and Vitality.
Steps to Begin with:
- Eliminate processed foods – By eliminating processed foods that are loaded with sugar, salt and chemicals. This means any meal that is in a packet, canned foods, even canned fruit and vegetables should be avoided at this point. Fresh unprocessed meats, vegetables and fruit is what your body needs to thrive, repair whilst providing you the energy that you need to perform, feeling good at optimal levels. So you will be increasing your raw food intake with fruit, vegetables, nuts and healthy oils.
- Eliminate Refined Starch Filled foods – This means eliminating foods such as potatoes, white rice and pasta, chips, muffins, most biscuits, baguettes, bagels, rolls, packet cereals and white bread.
- Develop a Daily Eating plan – We are not going to let anything as important as what we are going to eat for the day to chance. Otherwise hunger will take over and convenience will be in charge of what we eat. So for the next 7 days, you will decide what your breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks are going to be. You can do this the day before, but I know for me when I was busy studying and raising my family I would do this for the week. Write this down and stick it up where you are going to see it every day. The secret here is to do this before you go to do your weekly shopping so that at the same time you can put your shopping list together.
- Get Active Everyday – Remember to get the full benefit of being reenergized and revitalized for these 7 days is to combine the dietary changes and improvements with daily regular exercise. So whatever you have chosen be it combination of an early morning walk, with using hand weights for your upper body and stretching to limber up. Now stick to it, by doing this you are developing positive habits.
- Refrain from Eating 3 hours before Bedtime – If this is tricky because of work commitments, then it is vital that your choice of foods will need to be light. Fish and some steamed vegetables or yogurt and strawberries
- Record Daily – Keep an accurate record each day of the foods you are eating, what you are drinking, your exercise and how much sleep you are getting. For complete success you need to be honest, accurate with no excuses. The focus here needs to be on what you will be gaining and not what you will be missing out on.
- Portion sizes and Comfortable Eating – So for example a quarter of a regular sized dinner plate to be of healthy protein such as salmon, lean beef, kangaroo, chicken or fish. Other forms of protein include eggs or tofu : half your dinner plate vegetables and the last quarter what is known as simple carbohydrates such as quinoa, brown, black or red rice or lentils.
Always! Always! Always! Sit down at a dinner table preferably to eat and Do not Rush: this helps you to eat less, digest your food better and will eat slower. You will enjoy you meal better and feel more relaxed. One of the best ways to overcome digestive issues, have your food metabolize effectively and obtain optional nutrition is to firstly manage your portion sizes. Protein portion size example you can use the size of the palm of your hand.
- Consume something to Eat every 2 – 3 hours – Avoid skipping meals when possible unless you are unwell or sick. Plan to have a regular sized meal at least 2 – 3 x day as mentioned in step 7. If you are someone who can’t handle breakfast then you will need to look at having a Protein rich smoothie with say almond milk, yogurt, berries, banana and mango. No need to included additional protein you will be obtaining enough by implementing those fruits or you could make one of vegetables. Snacks can include cut up vegetables, fruit, nuts and or yogurt.
- Become Aware of What Might Throw you off Track – One of the most common things to throw us off track is if we are tired, sick or disorganised. It can sometimes be the kids’ sports commitments or someone has been taken to hospital or there has been a tragedy. This is where having a list of the foods that you are going to eat, plus an example of your meal plans will help. That way even if you have to eat out you know what you will be able to eat. If it is snacking when you are studying or working on the computer, snacks such as fruit or natural popcorn, cooked over the stove with olive & coconut oil, makes a great healthy snack. Know what is likely to be your bad habits and what you are going to replace those with. For example if you enjoy a glass of wine when you come home from work, replace that with a glass of coconut water. If you are feeling unhappy, anxious or somewhat depressed. It is worth remembering by indulging in bad food choices or alcohol is only going to make you feel worse and the whole purpose of this 7 day challenge is to feel better.
- Be Kind to Yourself – You are putting these new healthy foods and lifestyle choices into place because you want to feel happy, be healthy and live a vibrant life. So it is important that you speak well about yourself, focus on the things that you are appreciative of and like about who you are. Use time when you are not feeling so great to take a bath, go for a walk in the park or down by the beach, catch up on some extra sleep and most importantly to praise yourself for the things you are doing right.
- No Alcohol, Soft Drinks, Cordial or Processed Juices – The best drink for us is WATER, lots of WATER. Next is herbal teas such as peppermint, chamomile, green, white tea or dandelion. Coconut water and pomegranate juice are the next best and only other drinks that should be included on a daily basis. So alcohol, I say I enjoy a glass of wine with my husband or friends but that is about it. As for drinking it regularly I don’t see the point, it makes you look puffy, you feel not so great the next day, your sinuses are blocked, you may well have a full blown headache not to mention the indigestion it seems to cause.
- Program your Bedtime – Lack of sleep is responsible for a great many health issues ranging from diabetes, to weight problems, anxiety, stress, irritability. Our bodies need a minimum of eight hours sleep per night. This where repair, maintenance and revitalization takes place. The trick here is to go to bed at the same time every day and to awaken at the same time every day. If you are a shift worker then program this into your shifts the importance here is being consistent. Initially you may well find trouble or difficulty either falling asleep, staying asleep or getting up to go to the toilet. No matter what the focus here is to tell your brain that this is the time when you are going to sleep. You will find that for the majority of the time it is about relaxing before bedtime with some soothing music, a nice bath or shower. Preparing your body for bedtime. There are many self-hypnotic sleep assist CDs available which are worth investing in.
Links to Full Program
Bonus Gift: Staying on the Path with Your Nutrition-Important Facts about Nutrition
Week 6 – Getting Serious about the Food you are Eating: The Very Foundation for Optimal Health & Vitality
Week 5 – Getting Active: Implementing Daily Exercise is Vital for a Balanced, Healthy Life
Week 3 – Overcoming Obstacles: During this week we are going to have a look at removing obstacles that may prevent or delay your success
Week 2 – Getting Prepared : Where we will be working together to help you to be prepared
Week 1 – Initial Steps: to Re Energize and Revitalize You
To get a simple, clear information about the Food to Eat & the Benefits by including these foods into your daily diet will have on your health & overcoming disease, with easy to follow recipes
Wanting to “Quit Smoking” but having some difficulty and not understanding why. Julie’s eBook – “Why Can’t I quit Smoking” has helped thousands of people quit for good. By giving them a core understanding of all the political and subliminal moves to keep you a smoker.