6 Key Steps to Naturally Treat Chicken Pox & Improve Immune Response
Chicken Pox is [also known as varicella-zoster virus]. The information in this article will help with relieving symptoms and improve immune response assisting your body to heal from the virus. Shingles is the same virus that causes chicken pox and is also a painful and can affect the whole body. Chicken pox most commonly affects children between the ages of 4–10, where as Shingles tends to affect adults.
Does Chicken Pox Require Medical Attention?
Fortunately most healthy children and adults who get chicken pox will not require medical attention or treatment. In most cases the skin rash caused by chicken pox will go away on its own within about two weeks without any medications or other interventions.
However, in severe cases the virus can cause symptoms that linger for months, or, rarely, other complications such as scarring or pneumonia can occur if the body’s immune system is compromised. Best self-help treatments to boost your immune system include: garlic, apple cider vinegar, echinacea, lemon drinks and rest.
Skin Irritations – If you are suffering with this virus symptoms such as itchiness, blister type rashes that have been known to cover the body in varying degrees.
There are natural ways in treating this illness without the use of medications that may cause further irritation. These include:
Taking soothing baths with oatmeal, applying natural remedies to your skin such as apple cider vinegar olive or coconut oil, bi-carb use as a powder if you don’t want to use oil and chamomile essential oil. These treatments for chicken pox won’t prevent the virus from spreading to other people, but they will be of benefit in reducing itching, scabbing, fever symptoms, risk for infection and permanent scarring of the skin. Internally, ensuring that you are drinking plenty of filtered water, herbal teas such as chamomile, green tea and also lemon drinks.
What’s Wrong with Over the Counter Medication
It is not a pleasant illness, however, quick fixes such as nurofen or other forms of pain medication that is also supposed to decrease their temperature. This is not an ideal form of treatment as this can cause further complications. There are more effective ways of decreasing the body temperature naturally such as a luke warm bath. Cool packs on the forehead. See below for further information regarding this.
Complications Associated with Chicken Pox!
- Vaccination: In most cases chicken pox is a common illness that everyone is susceptible to once in a lifetime. Usually during childhood, once you have overcome chicken pox your body will build up an immunity itself to the actual illness. Children generally have chickenpox without any major issues. Where complications may occur is with pregnant women, new-borns whose mothers have not been vaccinated or have had the virus as a child. If you have an impaired immune system for reasons such as having an inadequate diet, indulging in damaging habits such as smoking, drugs or alcohol consumption then you are more likely to have complications from this illness. If you suffer from psoriasis or eczema then you may be prone to further skin problems.
- Pregnant women: Pregnant women who have not had chicken pox as a child or teenage, need to take care and if possible avoid children or people who have the virus. This is especially important within the first 20 weeks of your pregnancy. If care is not taken, this may lead to birth defects in your newborn. For those woman who have had chicken pox, that is once you have been infected, your newborn will inherit the immunity for the first few months of their life. If not taken care, it may lead to birth defects in their offspring.
- Bacterial infection: A bacterial infection from the chicken pox may bring about complications such as pneumonia or encephalitis. This is where supporting the immune system will help to prevent these complications.
Most of the time there is no medical treatment for chicken pox as it is a viral infection. Medication if prescribed is usually targeted at treating the itchy skin and other associated symptoms such as fever, headache, body aches and pains. In many cases this is not recommended as it may prolong the condition even making it worse.
Sometimes anti histamines are prescribed for the itchiness, eating fresh pineapple is far better for supporting healthy histamine levels.
Do not give aspirin or ibuprofen to children or any chicken pox infected person because of the risk of developing Reye’s syndrome (a severe acquired metabolic disease associated with liver and brain dysfunction and death).
However, if your child’s temperature reaches a high level 37 degrees or above and does not decrease, with giving them a tepid bath (Keeping them in the bath for approximately 15 minutes) then it is important to seek medical treatment either phoning for a home visit or taking your child to the hospital.
#If you are Pregnant and suffering from any serious illness or problems with your pregnancy. You may have had an allergic reaction to medications or vaccines or any allergic symptoms that have been likely to lower you immune system. Then seek medical attention immediately letting your health professional know about these concerns..
6 Key Steps to Chicken Pox Treatment at Home
1. Bathing – Regular Bathing helps to detoxify the body helping to eliminate the virus. Add to the bath 1/2 cup Epsom Salts, 1/2 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar, 2 tablespoons of Bicarb & 1 tablespoon of Coconut oil. This will also assist with the skin irritations healing better and not becoming so angry.
2. Apply to infected areas of the skin – After the bath, mix together either 1/2 cup of olive oil or coconut oil add 1 – 2 drops of Lavender oil, 1 teaspoon of honey. Massage gently to infected areas of the skin.
3. Lemon juice – Depending on the age of the person with chicken pox, if a child under 5 years old. Squeeze half a lemon in hot water with a teaspoon of organic honey and sip slowly
4. Green Tea – You can also add a chamomile tea bag as well for the calming effect. Make up a pot of Green tea with chamomile and drink throughout the day.
5. Vegetable juicing – This is a great way to get adequate vitamins and minerals into the person suffering from chicken pox. Quite often they do not feel like eating so this helps to keep up their nutrition as well as expel the virus. Into a blender add 1 red apple, 1/2 cup of blueberries, 1 carrot, 1/2 cup of spinach or kale for additional flavour you can add 1 banana. I would also recommend adding 2 cloves of garlic this is your antibacterial support.
6. Water – This is vitally important to keep up the fluids, fluids being filtered water. Detoxification, rehydration and supporting the vitamins and minerals to be carried throughout the body. Also helps with maintaining a balanced body temperature.
In our Founding Membership you will learn How to Build a Super Immune System: Your Protection against Disease!
ADDITIONAL STEPS TO BUILD THE LIFE YOU WANT
No matter where you are on your journey to improving your health or becoming well. If you are wanting to Learn the Keys to Master a Life of Health, Happiness and Vitality, a Roadmap that you can follow, to give you the necessary guidance and support to Build a Strong Foundation, Guiding you through making the necessary changes in order to finally learn the elements of taking charge of your Health and in turn your Life., you have come to the “Right Place”.
Three Membership Options Available for You –
1: Community Membership – Stepping your foot into the ocean of learning about your body and your health.
2: Founding Membership – You want to know more? This takes you to the next level of learning more -Serious Insights into Unlocking the Keys necessary: To Master a Life of Optimal Health, Happiness & Vitality.
3: Transformational Membership – is the “All Access Pass” As soon as you activate your membership, the whole site and all benefits unlock immediately. It is the “Transformational Building Block” necessary for making positive changes to every aspect of your life. Giving you the guidance and support to achieve the life you want, your dreams and inspirations. It also is about making health a natural part of your daily living. Not to be a chore or a challenge but to become a “Natural” way of Living.