Fear can be the Robber of Your Dreams
Attacking Your Very Core Inner Beliefs that you Can Do It!!!
Recognize Fear for what it is!
Overwhelming Feelings of FEAR, will Deplete Your Energy,
Giving you a Feeling of Defeat before you have even had a chance to run the Race
The Elements of Fear
Fear is a Normal Emotion that is within Each Person. No matter who you ARE!!!
There are genuine fears that your body will warn you about.
There are previous experiences that have created a Fear within you as part of your protective mechanism.
Then there is the Fear that comes about when you are about to try something new, go somewhere different, learn a new skill or take on a course, change a habit or area in your Life that you have become comfortable with, but will deplete you of achieving your core desires.
Fear produces feelings of tightness, like a tight garment surrounding your body, at times teariness and exhaustion.
The Secret is in learning to use Fear to benefit YOU: To protect you when needed:
However to recognize and overcome outdated or unwarranted Fears that are blocking you from doing what you need to do, to achieve that goal or core desire.
Not allowing the Fear to take Control, Acknowledging it even giving it Respect that it may deserve, then allowing it to float away. Giving you control to take on your new and desired challenge.
Core Steps: Not to Allow Fear to Deprive You of a Life of Health, Happiness and Vitality: or Fulfilment of your Dreams
• Taking Control of Your Fears
By learning to take control of your fears, you will also learn to take control of anxiety, panic and situations of stress. Fear is the core foundation of these emotions.
Your level of self-confidence will improve, your levels of self-doubt will diminish and you will become quietly confident and comfortable in your own skin.
Making a conscious approach to overcome your fears, is like turning on a light switch in your brain that suddenly your life’s dreams and desires become achievable.
Because you have started to put action into place. Fear, anxiety and panic are decreased and eliminated by action, learning and taking on new challenges, building your self-confidence.
Whenever you commence something new, something you have never done before or somewhere you have never been before there will always be an element of fear, self-doubt, nervousness and anxiety.
Therefore by acknowledging the Fear no matter how warranted or unwarranted will give you the courage to take on the necessary action to make necessary changes.
Examples of acknowledging and working through your Fears:
• If you want to give up smoking, but become fearful that if you do that you may not cope. Where this may seem a warranted fear, there is a strong possibility that this won’t happen because you have put into place your core desires and the acknowledgement of your fears. This will allow you to then put coping strategies into place to prevent this fear from happening. An example of these strategies may be asking the support of a good friend, attending a yoga class, art class, going swimming. Something that you enjoy and will be in alignment with your core desires. Identify the fear then work out whether it is warranted, setting up support in order to manage your new experience.
• You may be taking on a new role at work then ask questions of others plus yourself. Taking the new experience one step at a time.
• You may be going somewhere new, that is out of your comfort zone but it is important for you to go, you might like to see if you can have a friend could join for support. Or at least visit the venue or place prior so that not everything is so new and overwhelming.
• I want you to think back to something very difficult that you have learnt and overcome. It may be driving a car, passing an exam, giving birth, climbing a roof and I am sure there are a lot more very difficult even scary situations that you have overcome. These can be useful, providing you with the leverage necessary to leap forward, giving you the faith and belief that “You Can do it.”
- Taking Charge of the Feelings
Take your feelings of anxiousness like it was a piece of meat that you are going to cut up to eat. You would cut it into chunk sized pieces that were easy for you to chew then to eat. This is what you need to do, with your feelings of anxiety or fear. By doing this you are first putting the situation into a more manageable concept, allowing you to focus now with a positive attitude that will allow you to follow through.
By breaking things down into manageable chunks will help you to succeed even with what may seem the most difficult or overwhelming of tasks. With each step you accomplish will come improved confidence.
- How Exercise helps to Reduce Fear and Anxiety
Exercise works better than any drug for reducing anxiety, stress and fear. It is a known mood booster, immune enhancer and helps with building your self-confidence as it helps you to feel better.
Exercise is free and you can do it in the safety of your own environment. The best way to use exercise to boost confidence is by finding a workout you enjoy and can look forward to.
That can be a home video on YouTube or a walk around the neighborhood with your friends or kids. Schedule your workout for 30 minutes to start, and focus on it only it terms of how you feel confidence wise. Healthy exercise isn’t about weight loss, muscle mass, or what the scales say, it’s only about changing the way you feel.
- Changing Self Talk to Reduce Fear
You know those thoughts that pop into your head. Yes they are your self-talk. Now the problem here is you believe these thoughts, so when you say change your thinking change your life, this is done by changing our self-talk.
Your self-talk may be telling you that you are shy, lack confidence, you are stupid, insecure or inadequate.
What happens is that you will mimic these thoughts and ideas! This brings about a falseness in your true ability and inner strength that you have been born with.
You then become focused on these negative perceptions of yourself, believing them to be true therefore continuing with negative habits and allowing fear to take control.
Let’s liken this to fishing if you want to catch the right fish, you have to use the right bait. So if you want to attract uplifting people, events, experiences and life changes. You have to use the right bait and that bait is changing our self-talk to overcome fear.
Next time you catch yourself with a negative thought arising, change it into something positive. Changing your thought to something like I know I can handle this, I am a kind, loving person. There are many areas of your thinking that aren’t serving you well that you will continue to change
This is something that I have done all of my life. Bringing into my conscious thinking, thoughts that are going to help me to feel happier, more confident, handle difficult situations better, and have better relationships.
For support in changing these thought patterns make sure that you watch positive movies, read positive books and most of all mix with positive people. By positive I mean people, movies, books and events that look at solving problems not creating problems.
- Take Care of YOU
The best thing you can do for yourself is in taking care of you, identifying your fears and overcoming them is a great first step. No one else can do this better than you. Beginning with just a simple morning routine when you take your shower, caring for your hair, moisturizing your skin you will give you a great start to the day. You may want to include makeup if you are a woman, some nice perfume. Ensure that your clothes are clean and pressed this will help in overcoming any feelings of inadequacy, helping you to feel less fearful and anxious.it does make me feel better.